x

Loyalty: Notifications for customer rewards

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Customer loyalty reward

I think since we are allowed to add a customer to a sale, it should automatically link to the reward side and ask us or the customer if they want to use their reward during the sale. Instead, we add the customer to the sale but we then have to go to another page and check their phone number to see whether or not they have a reward coming. it takes too long.  Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller Alumni

This would definitely be amazing and speed things up tremendously!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 9
Alumni

Hey @cypressbridge! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Currently, Loyalty customers receive a text message notification when they receive a reward, but it does sound like it would be helpful to have a prompt during their eligible transactions. I'll definitely pass this on to our Loyalty and we'll update this thread if we hear any news regarding it.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 9

Also with the new loyalty changes, there isn’t a code texted to customer any longer.

We train our customers this whole time to look for code when they receive their loyalty reward. Now that’s gone and is that an oversight or is the reward code gone forever?

Message 4 of 9
Admin

Hi again @cypressbridge! Helen here stepping in from Puka. Just to clarify, your customers will still receive a text when they have earned enough points to redeem a reward. This is different from the way the Loyalty program used to work — this Product Update post has more information about the recent changes: Add multiple rewards, customize your Loyalty terminology and more.  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 9

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Customers Hoarding Loyalty Stars?

A lot of our customers are hoarding their stars. Square customer service told me they get notified. But we'll ring up a sale, the guest won't mention anything, and when they finish the transaction I see they have a lot of stars and could have redeemed them. Any advice? I feel like we're doing something wrong but can't quite pinpoint it. Thanks! 

Message 6 of 9
Admin

@smithcanteen Hmm your customers should receive an SMS notification when they've earned enough points for a reward. However, if a customer has a reward you won't also see a notification in the app at checkout — they'll need to let you know.

If you find customers are forgetting that they have a reward you can check if they have a reward from the Point of Sale app. Additionally, customers can check from their Loyalty Status Page: they receive a link to this page when the first enroll to your program. Customers can resend the link by tapping on their phone number when it appears at the end of any eligible transaction.

I'll can understand how customers might forget they have a reward and I'll share your feedback about this with the Loyalty team! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Update: Your customer's Loyalty Status page is now also available online (and not only from their welcome SMS message). You can view, copy and share a URL to the page from your online Square Dashboard. From this page customers can view their status (e.g. how many points/stars they've earned) and details about your program rewards.

For more information about check out this Product Update post: Share Your Loyalty Status Page With Your Customers.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

Absolutely love this feature!

I believe using the Loyalty In The Cart feature also would solve this problem though, right?

Once loyalty applicable items are added to the cart, a Loyalty Section appears in the cart. If you tap that, and add the customer that way, it will tell you if the customer has any rewards and you can ask them if they want to use them. It’s pretty wonderful!!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 9 of 9