x

Customers can't get to shopping cart?

Can anyone explain this behavior when adding items to online shopping cart using mobile device? 

My customer click on an item.

The item page come up.

Customer scrolls down choosing various options.

Customer clicks on "Add to Cart"

Nothing obvious happens. 

However, what they don't notice is that an item was added to their cart, because they are still on the product page, which didn't reload when they clicked on the Add to Cart button. 

So the customer continues to click the "Add to Cart" button thinking that nothing is happening. But before you know it, there are 35 items in their cart and the customer can't figure out what is going on and why they can't purchase the item. 

I have purchased items on other Square online stores, and when you click on "Add to Cart" the focus on the screen shifts to the cart. And if I use my laptop rather than a phone, the cart appears on the side of the screen. How can I change the behavior of my store so that customers can see the item in their cart immediately after adding it?

I noticed that there is an option to go immediately to check-out, but that wouldn't work because the vast majority of my customers purchase more than one item. But something else needs to happen to cue the customer that they did indeed add something to the cart. How can I change this behavior? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello again @mysticcoffee,

There's really not a way to change the behavior of how things are added to the cart.

I know for me personally when I order with my local coffee shop it will pull a side screen when adding to the cart like you mentioned above and then I can just X it out and keep shopping.

It will always show a cart preview once something is added but it can just be closed out to continue shopping. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

When I put something in the cart. There should be a continue shopping button on the page. it is not. I had a customer complain because its not there. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MZ5,

I moved your post to another thread where another seller had the same question.

Weebly doesn't offer a Continue Shopping button at this time so that's a feature request being tracked now. The customer has to just close out of the cart preview to continue shopping with how it's currently set up. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Hi so there is a continue shopping button on some of my products not all of them. 

Message 5 of 6

@ashc I don't think you understood the issue. The cart was NOT showing up and no message was showing that anything had been added to the cart. However, it looks like the problem has cleared up at this point and I'm guessing it was a technical problem on square or Weebly's end. Is there a place where we can find a list of reported issues in Square? I also have a Shopify mail order site (Square/Weebly does not have sufficient features for shipping) and they have a page that I can go to to look up reported issues to find out if others have reported the same problem. It also shows the status (investigating, being worked on, resolved, etc) That would be very handy for Square. 

Message 6 of 6