x

Customize reports by customer name

I am seeking a way to create a report that can be categorized by customer. I am a wholesaler and I would like to be able to access information solely on that customer/vendors name.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 86
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can you generate reports with customer name and email information if present in my customer d...

@stanfordaustin

The reporting around Customers is definitely something we've spent a lot of time working towards. Square's system is built on varying platforms, so what may seem like basic reporting, might actually be a complicated process to generate.

Item reporting does go with the item platform, Customer with the Directory Platform, and we've just started implementing the communication between these. 

What that means for now, these reports as you want them are not fully generatable.

You can add a customer to a transaction from the POS - especially the dashboard.

Click into the Transaction you'd like to Add a Customer > Click the three dots in the upper right hand corner > Add Customer 

If you export the Transaction CSV Customer Name will appear on this spreadsheet. 

It's not a perfect process, but it is reporting requests we continue to share with the product team so they can road map out updates in the future.

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@Helen @stanfordaustin 

I needed that as well and after searching this for days, this is what I came up with:

1- Downloading customer list from the customer page: But has major problems:

A- gives you VERY LITTLE details such as emails, phone numbers, and totals spent since their first visit.

B- No options for Dates,

C- No transaction Details 

D- No accounting for Refunds issued -- so totals are always higher if I gave a customer a refund at any point. 

in my opinion useless for details, somewhat good for who is the winner of the best customer, even though he/she might have been the worst and always received refunds, and actually spent the least 🙂

2- dashboard --> transactions -->then filter by customer name (you have to input that manually --> then exporting, is the only way to achieve something like what I was looking for yet there are still some problems: 

A- It is tedious to do this for each customer, in comparison if the field "customer" was added to all the exports then we can at least do one tedious job or getting our info from one file in excel -- this way you will have tons of files to download, fix and compile to come up with an overview between customers. 

B- if you export "transaction CVS" OR "Item Detail CVS" one important thing is missing, which is REFUNDS that were done. So the numbers will be a mess, any refunds you issued that customer for whatever reason don't show in these reports, so the totals will be always equal to (if no refunds) or higher (if refunds were issued in the time period) than the actual numbers... 

So the only way to do this and get the right numbers is to export "Items Summary CVS" from the transaction page after you choose the dates you want and filter by a customer (one by one). This will account for refunds, gives you an overview of which items the customer bought, which ones got returned and the right totals.

@Helen  what we need is simple, in any of the reports that are exported, add the "customer" column/field .. the more fields added to an exported file the better... we can always delete columns we don't like, but we cant add columns we don't have. 

Hope this workaround helps some people for the time being 

View Best Answer >

Message 55 of 86
85 REPLIES 85

I'm new to Square and trying to run sales reports with customer name which is required for my business records. I've read the previous posts with last being in July 2022. I've been loving the transition to Square until time to run my reports. Is there still no way to do this in Square?

Message 85 of 86
Admin

Hi @BIPC, thanks for your post and welcome to the Seller Community. 

I'm glad everything's going well for you so far. 

KellyJ's post above is still the most relevant information. To have a report with your customer's details you would need to download a CSV file of your transactions report. 

We'll be sure to loop back on this thread with any updates. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 86 of 86