x

Custom booking questions and fields?

Custom booking questions and fields?

I'm a bit surprised this doesn't seem to be possible. I just started a small tutoring/academic coaching business and I need to know whether the students are over 18 or not. Ultimately, it's a bit of an honor system thing, but not being able to ask for a parent's name is going to cause problems over the long term for things like processing credit cards and just knowing if the person that I'm scheduling is even legally allowed to enter into a contract or use a credit card.

3 Verified Answers
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to add required custom fields for appointments?

Hey @TrinityTreasure, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and the ability to add customized fields to the booking flow is not available at this time. I can see how this feature would streamline the check-in process for a wide variety of sellers. For now, you may need to verify additional details outside of the app.

We'll circle back with any other developments or solutions as they become available. Please let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Custom booking questions?

Hi @Thomas2

Welcome to the Seller Community!

Custom booking questions or fields when your customers book appointments is definitely one of the more popular feature requests we've seen. 

Our Product Team is currently tracking this, and your personal use case for age limits is one that I haven't seen before, so thanks for sharing your feedback! Hopefully our Product Team can come up with a solution for this in the near future. 

Currently, the best workaround to collect additional information is to request that it be provided in the appointment notes when they book. Here's a screenshot from the customer booking side for reference: 

You can add instructions to indicate if they're 18+, and if not, to provide their parents name in the Service Description field so your clients can see it when they book. Here's another screenshot of the Service Description section: 

Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in with a workaround that they currently use for their business. 

Let me know if you have any other questions 👍🏼

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Customize Appointments form

Hi there, and welcome to the Seller Community!

I know it's pretty generic, but there currently isn’t a way to add custom fields to your online booking site, but this is a popular feature request the Appointments team is tracking.

What would be the reasoning behind changing the "How do we say hello?" section? Our Product Team would love to hear the feedback. 

132 Comments

I've been reading many questions about custom booking and it appears that it's not available, and given that the questions go back about 2 years, is it safe to assume that this will not change anytime soon?

What I'm looking for is the following:

• Customer chooses a category
  • Next screen is choices, options, forms to fill out, terms specific to that category
  • Possibly sub-categories, etc.

Anything like this available or coming soon?

Alumni

Hey @fotogs - Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA on if or when any of those features might be implemented. However, if any changes are made, this thread will be updated. In addition, you can stay updated on Appointments categories at Is there a way to create Appointment categories?

Going off a few threads that have been started around this subject.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Can-I-add-address-field-to-the-appointment-form/...

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Feature-Requests-Square/Custom-booking-questions-and-fields/idi-p...

When a client books an appointment it is crucial for me to have their company in the customer profile. It seems that there is no way to customize the fields when a client books an appointment. It also seems there isn't a signup form based on the fields you have in your customer directory. In other words, there is no link to send to clients to create an account and I the only place I can see custom fields is when I manually add a client — or am I missing something? 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @jarkin13

Did you get a chance to read the workaround that @jinch posted in the first thread mentioned here? It looks like they found a way around this that can give the option to list a location for a required address field and you can put the company name there.

Hope this helps!

Hello, we would also really like to begin using square but need to be able to collect further information from our customers booking appointments. We really need their address for booking bus pick up times, as well as age of child/adult for helmet fittings. I'm a little surprised to see this option has not yet been added. Any ETA on when this might be included as a feature of Square? 

Admin

Hi @cityofsib! I just checked for an update on this but I don't have any information I can share at this point. Really appreciate you checking back in!

Any updates here? Looking for the same feature as you @REBURIDES 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @coolzone!

No updates on this yet. We'll update this thread if this suggestion is ever added and we'll tag you so you're notified!

Thanks for adding that you're looking for it too. I'll pass it up to the Appointments team again.

When on earth will Square offer Custom form fields in their booking form? Every major competitor offers this feature. I currently use YouCanBook me and their customization is unbelievably flexible and allows you to input the custom info into emails, confirmation text messages etc. Please Square. What is the friggin ETA on this feature?!?!?

does square offer extended services to customize and implement features to square appointment? I’m willing to pay for the service