x

Custom booking questions and fields?

Custom booking questions and fields?

I'm a bit surprised this doesn't seem to be possible. I just started a small tutoring/academic coaching business and I need to know whether the students are over 18 or not. Ultimately, it's a bit of an honor system thing, but not being able to ask for a parent's name is going to cause problems over the long term for things like processing credit cards and just knowing if the person that I'm scheduling is even legally allowed to enter into a contract or use a credit card.

3 Verified Answers
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to add required custom fields for appointments?

Hey @TrinityTreasure, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and the ability to add customized fields to the booking flow is not available at this time. I can see how this feature would streamline the check-in process for a wide variety of sellers. For now, you may need to verify additional details outside of the app.

We'll circle back with any other developments or solutions as they become available. Please let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Custom booking questions?

Hi @Thomas2

Welcome to the Seller Community!

Custom booking questions or fields when your customers book appointments is definitely one of the more popular feature requests we've seen. 

Our Product Team is currently tracking this, and your personal use case for age limits is one that I haven't seen before, so thanks for sharing your feedback! Hopefully our Product Team can come up with a solution for this in the near future. 

Currently, the best workaround to collect additional information is to request that it be provided in the appointment notes when they book. Here's a screenshot from the customer booking side for reference: 

You can add instructions to indicate if they're 18+, and if not, to provide their parents name in the Service Description field so your clients can see it when they book. Here's another screenshot of the Service Description section: 

Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in with a workaround that they currently use for their business. 

Let me know if you have any other questions 👍🏼

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Customize Appointments form

Hi there, and welcome to the Seller Community!

I know it's pretty generic, but there currently isn’t a way to add custom fields to your online booking site, but this is a popular feature request the Appointments team is tracking.

What would be the reasoning behind changing the "How do we say hello?" section? Our Product Team would love to hear the feedback. 

132 Comments
Admin

Hey @unbusted67!

We realize this would be a great feature to add to our current Appointments system. We still don't have an ETA on this, but our Product Teams are aware of the frequency for this request. 

We will post within this thread as soon as we have an update. We really appreciate your patience. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @Akpianoman!

I moved your post over to a thread with the similar question about Appointments. Right now, we don't have a feature like this, but it has been added as a Feature Request. Thank you so much for your feedback on this and I will pass it along. 

I need to add custom fields for the customer to fill out when they book an appointment on-line. For example Student Name and Division.

Hey all, any updates on this. I'd really like to switch to Square appointments but right now my other software: youcanbookme.com is mopping the floor with square in this particular area. When will be able to create custom fields in a clients booking form? I run a charter boat and I have to know how many passengers we will have, whether they have dietary restrictions, I have to have multiple points of contact, and billing instructions and right now I am stuck with Square's very basic form asking for address and email. Its not gonna cut it. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @unbusted67 - good to hear from you again! Thanks for checking in on this thread.

No updates to share on this one. We will be sure to update everyone here when there is more information to share. Thanks for your patience! 

I agree! I need to know specific answers to questions about my customers as well. I also think it would be beneficial to maybe be specific for some of the fields like "customer name" instead of name, or something like that. My customers are expecting mothers and I ALWAYS have guys putting in their information, and then I have to go in and change it.
I can't wait to have been options for booking!

Hi, i am having the same problem when it comes to my shuttle service business what software are you using for your ride service?

@5star2 

I use an online software called SimplyBook.me

It's not the best in the world but it works for $40 a year or every 6 months...can't exactly remember.

The answer by @EJ_ as the verified answer is simply unacceptably insufficient. 

Okay, it's a work around but there is no way to "cue" the client as to WHAT they are REQUIRED to include in the appointment notes. 

We run a public stables and one of our services is public trail rides. We absolutely must have information on EVERY rider including: Name, Age, Height, Weight and any notes about riding history.

While we we can TRY to cue them through the service description I've found most people don't click on it. Plus the service description doesn't show up when you get to the page with the form.

If we were to allow clients to book themselves at this point ALL we would get is the name and contact information of the person booking the ride. 

I cannot imagine it is THAT hard to allow custom lines in the form similar to a google form and the likes.

Painted Bear, I totally agree. People often don't read the text under the fields so it adds a ton of legwork for the user trying to track down client info on the back end through emails/phone calls. It seems like with the prevalence of Wufoo and Google Forms this wouldn't be a tough thing to implement. Not sure why they have't rolled this feature out yet. As it stands now, I am waiting to activate my square appointments account because my business is so high volume in the summer months that without some way for customers to add additional info into form fields I'd be spending all of my time chasing down info.