x

Custom booking questions and fields?

Custom booking questions and fields?

I'm a bit surprised this doesn't seem to be possible. I just started a small tutoring/academic coaching business and I need to know whether the students are over 18 or not. Ultimately, it's a bit of an honor system thing, but not being able to ask for a parent's name is going to cause problems over the long term for things like processing credit cards and just knowing if the person that I'm scheduling is even legally allowed to enter into a contract or use a credit card.

3 Verified Answers
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to add required custom fields for appointments?

Hey @TrinityTreasure, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and the ability to add customized fields to the booking flow is not available at this time. I can see how this feature would streamline the check-in process for a wide variety of sellers. For now, you may need to verify additional details outside of the app.

We'll circle back with any other developments or solutions as they become available. Please let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Custom booking questions?

Hi @Thomas2

Welcome to the Seller Community!

Custom booking questions or fields when your customers book appointments is definitely one of the more popular feature requests we've seen. 

Our Product Team is currently tracking this, and your personal use case for age limits is one that I haven't seen before, so thanks for sharing your feedback! Hopefully our Product Team can come up with a solution for this in the near future. 

Currently, the best workaround to collect additional information is to request that it be provided in the appointment notes when they book. Here's a screenshot from the customer booking side for reference: 

You can add instructions to indicate if they're 18+, and if not, to provide their parents name in the Service Description field so your clients can see it when they book. Here's another screenshot of the Service Description section: 

Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in with a workaround that they currently use for their business. 

Let me know if you have any other questions 👍🏼

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Customize Appointments form

Hi there, and welcome to the Seller Community!

I know it's pretty generic, but there currently isn’t a way to add custom fields to your online booking site, but this is a popular feature request the Appointments team is tracking.

What would be the reasoning behind changing the "How do we say hello?" section? Our Product Team would love to hear the feedback. 

132 Comments
Beta Member

Has this feature been integrated yet into appointments or is there an alternative method I can use to have a customized booking question for online appointment creation?

Admin

Nothing yet @Zoconnor. Any sellers out there use an integration that works for them and can share?

I run a mobile RV repair service, and would like to add specific fields (Make, model, year, etc.) for the customer to fill out when booking an appointment. Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks for your help!

Square Community Moderator

Heya @tnRVservice and welcome to the Community.

I've merged your post into an existing feature request thread for this feature where it's being tracked for our Product Team.

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Beta Member

I too am hoping for this feature for my tattooing! I really hope it comes soon! Looks like it's been about 2 years, while it seems other places do have it. Rather just use square tho.

If I'm missing some kinda vote for this feature, please let me know!

Four years we've been waiting for this feature request now...4 years!!! What's the deal square? ALL of your competitors offer this, maybe even base their software on the flexibility of custom forms. We use youcanbookme and they are absolutely fantastic. Still I would switch over to your software if you had this feature...but 4 years!!!!

Custom fields for Appointments so important - why does it feel like it's an easy change that is being ignored?

Beta Member

Please please please🙏🙏🙏 add custom Field on booking appointment. I've moving company and clients need to enter there pickup and delivery addresses so this is very crucial for me. 

Note : i see that 4 years people looking for this feature and still not available please do something!!

Square Community Moderator

Hi @SEBATRANSPORT - thanks for adding your voice here in support of this Feature Request

We field thousands of feature requests each week here on the Seller Community, and bringing these features to fruition often takes an ample amount of time and effort from our engineers. We want to ensure that our releases are not just surface level products, but the best all-around resources to help you grow your business.

As soon as we have more news to share on this potential release, we will bounce back here and update everyone accordingly. Thanks for hanging tough. 

Yeah I agree.. Why hasn't this happened yet?  I'm about to change booking software