x

Custom booking questions and fields?

Custom booking questions and fields?

I'm a bit surprised this doesn't seem to be possible. I just started a small tutoring/academic coaching business and I need to know whether the students are over 18 or not. Ultimately, it's a bit of an honor system thing, but not being able to ask for a parent's name is going to cause problems over the long term for things like processing credit cards and just knowing if the person that I'm scheduling is even legally allowed to enter into a contract or use a credit card.

3 Verified Answers
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to add required custom fields for appointments?

Hey @TrinityTreasure, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and the ability to add customized fields to the booking flow is not available at this time. I can see how this feature would streamline the check-in process for a wide variety of sellers. For now, you may need to verify additional details outside of the app.

We'll circle back with any other developments or solutions as they become available. Please let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Custom booking questions?

Hi @Thomas2

Welcome to the Seller Community!

Custom booking questions or fields when your customers book appointments is definitely one of the more popular feature requests we've seen. 

Our Product Team is currently tracking this, and your personal use case for age limits is one that I haven't seen before, so thanks for sharing your feedback! Hopefully our Product Team can come up with a solution for this in the near future. 

Currently, the best workaround to collect additional information is to request that it be provided in the appointment notes when they book. Here's a screenshot from the customer booking side for reference: 

You can add instructions to indicate if they're 18+, and if not, to provide their parents name in the Service Description field so your clients can see it when they book. Here's another screenshot of the Service Description section: 

Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in with a workaround that they currently use for their business. 

Let me know if you have any other questions 👍🏼

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Customize Appointments form

Hi there, and welcome to the Seller Community!

I know it's pretty generic, but there currently isn’t a way to add custom fields to your online booking site, but this is a popular feature request the Appointments team is tracking.

What would be the reasoning behind changing the "How do we say hello?" section? Our Product Team would love to hear the feedback. 

132 Comments

Same!  this is a modification that so many square users have requested for so long and it’s keep many of us from using “appointments”. 

There needs to be the ability to have customers fill in the answer to specific questions or toggle a drop down style field to business specific questions.  

Why is this so hard to accomplish? 

I use Vcita and they do this well, but would love to have everything setup on one platform so I don’t have to re-enter the clients info for invoicing.  

FRUSTRATING!!!

🚨 Please!!! is the appointment booking option to expand fields/ask for further information in the process of being built yet?? I really need this ability for handling specific incoming new client bookings.

Beta Member

May 2021 - has this been addressed yet? Looks like it’s been years in the making but not done yet. 
Im a dog groomer and would really like to have fields for dogs name, dog breed or size etc. Seems it’s a big request from lots of people...

I need to have the new client/patient's birthdate to assure that their appointment does not get confused with other clients/patients.

How can I do this?

Alumni

@plynchbsdh Hi!

Required fields at booking is not available at the moment. However, EJ provides a workaround on this thread in the meantime. 

Hello, I also run a car service. Wondering if there is any update on this development for custom intake fields?

Now that Square has moved their appt booking through Weebly (a web hosting service) the best work around is to create a pop-up that asks for age verification. If you want to gather other info, use the Email Collection pop-up and change the text fields.

Has there been any progress/update to be able to create booking questions and fields?

Thanks,

Cody Elliott

Owner and CEO

nitrogeN2 Mobile Services

Beta Member

I propose the ability to make a field mandatory to schedule an appointment. For example we have some customers that leave the email blank or phone blank limiting communication options. We really need both for our business. 

Also, we do some services at the customers home, others at our location. I want to make different services have a mandatory location. i.e. an in homes estimate must be at the customers location with address required, while a showroom visit should only be allowable at our showroom location. 

To add customized fields / questions, etc. I saw a topic on this from 2017 but nothing since then. Is it possible yet?