x

Customizing Booking Questions for Appointments

I own a ride service and I have a lot of people who book online for incoming flights or they book for their clients.

The appointment service I'm using now, allows for me to add extra text fields to the form.

Example:

Name:

Email:

Number:

Then I was able to add these extras on:

Who are you booking for: (Drop Down -> *Myself or *Another Person)

Pickup Location: 1234 This Lane

Drop Off Location: KCI Airport

Flight Number: AA1234

Number of Passengers: 2

Extra Details: Early Morning Flight

Then I could also pick which ones are required, as not everyone is always going to have an flight number but I do at least need a number.

I see that there is a thread similar to this but the answer in that thread is not satifactory. I tried Square appointments a long time ago and tried to work with their answer about having people put the details in the "additonal details" space.

Yeah, that doesn't work as people just glaze over it and I end up spending a lot of time having to call them for more details. So I stopped using Square Appointments just for that reason. That was about 2 years ago, if not longer.

I'm suprised that this still isn't an option. The answer on the thread was back on 5-30-2017 and here we're almost halfway through 2018.

I've been a long time Square user and would like to bring everything together with Square...but until the Appointment App comes out for Android and you guys decide to add the ability to customize the booking questions (what's taking so long?)...I'll just have to stick with who I have to book appointments.

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @BlueSkies - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this Feature Request.

Custom fields within Square Appointments are still in the process of being developed by our Product Teams. While I don't have an accurate shareable timeline just yet, we will continue to push out any relevant news here on this thread.

Thanks for your patience!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5860

This explains exactly what to do.  Hope you understand it.  I did it before answering your question

Message 2 of 22

Thank you...I'm not sure why I couldn't find that when I was looking through help...

Message 3 of 22

Ok, so I tried that.

Unfortunately, it only works for putting in custom fields for customers. It doesn't actually put the fields into appointments that are being booked online.

I need to be able to put custom fields into the appointments booking widget that is seen while booking online.

After I add those fields into the customer part, it doesn't show up on the online booking part.

I need to be able to add more fields here to this form.I need to be able to add more fields here to this form.

Thanks for the answer as I now know how to add more fields to the customer part...now they need to give us the option to add it to the online appointments widget for our websites.

Message 4 of 22

Any updates here? Looking for the same feature as you @REBURIDES 

Message 5 of 22

Hi @coolzone!

No updates on this yet. We'll update this thread if this suggestion is ever added and we'll tag you so you're notified!

Thanks for adding that you're looking for it too. I'll pass it up to the Appointments team again.

Ashley C
Message 6 of 22
Beta Member

Has this feature been integrated yet into appointments or is there an alternative method I can use to have a customized booking question for online appointment creation?

Message 7 of 22

Nothing yet @Zoconnor. Any sellers out there use an integration that works for them and can share?

Nika_S
Message 8 of 22

does square offer extended services to customize and implement features to square appointment? I’m willing to pay for the service

Message 9 of 22

Hi @Akpianoman!

I moved your post over to a thread with the similar question about Appointments. Right now, we don't have a feature like this, but it has been added as a Feature Request. Thank you so much for your feedback on this and I will pass it along. 

Kassi
Message 10 of 22

Does anyone know if this feature request has been implemented yet or if there is an ETA on when it will become available? Looking to add the same thing (custom fields to the appointment workflow)

Message 11 of 22

Best Answer

Hi there, @BlueSkies - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this Feature Request.

Custom fields within Square Appointments are still in the process of being developed by our Product Teams. While I don't have an accurate shareable timeline just yet, we will continue to push out any relevant news here on this thread.

Thanks for your patience!

Joe

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 22

Following. Need this update as well. 

Message 13 of 22

Hi there! Checking in on the ETA for implementing this feature.

Also wanted to make sure that you have this feature request as "adding custom booking info/questions to appointment scheduling" as you mentioned adding custom fields for invoices.

This feature is something critical for my business (I usually have 5 questions in my appt scheduler). I switched to Square this year after strong reviews, but my last two free tools had this feature the last 5 years. This creates a manual step in my client booking for now, and a less than desirable customer experience. I hope you guys can implement this soon (I would like having all of my tools with Square). Thank you for your help!

Message 14 of 22

Hi, i am having the same problem when it comes to my shuttle service business what software are you using for your ride service?

Message 15 of 22

@5star2 

I use an online software called SimplyBook.me

It's not the best in the world but it works for $40 a year or every 6 months...can't exactly remember.

Message 16 of 22
Beta Member

I too am hoping for this feature for my tattooing! I really hope it comes soon! Looks like it's been about 2 years, while it seems other places do have it. Rather just use square tho.

If I'm missing some kinda vote for this feature, please let me know!

Message 17 of 22

Custom fields for Appointments so important - why does it feel like it's an easy change that is being ignored?

Message 18 of 22

Yeah I agree.. Why hasn't this happened yet?  I'm about to change booking software

Message 19 of 22

Same!  this is a modification that so many square users have requested for so long and it’s keep many of us from using “appointments”. 

There needs to be the ability to have customers fill in the answer to specific questions or toggle a drop down style field to business specific questions.  

Why is this so hard to accomplish? 

I use Vcita and they do this well, but would love to have everything setup on one platform so I don’t have to re-enter the clients info for invoicing.  

FRUSTRATING!!!

Message 20 of 22

🚨 Please!!! is the appointment booking option to expand fields/ask for further information in the process of being built yet?? I really need this ability for handling specific incoming new client bookings.

Message 21 of 22