x

Custom booking questions and fields?

Custom booking questions and fields?

I'm a bit surprised this doesn't seem to be possible. I just started a small tutoring/academic coaching business and I need to know whether the students are over 18 or not. Ultimately, it's a bit of an honor system thing, but not being able to ask for a parent's name is going to cause problems over the long term for things like processing credit cards and just knowing if the person that I'm scheduling is even legally allowed to enter into a contract or use a credit card.

3 Verified Answers
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to add required custom fields for appointments?

Hey @TrinityTreasure, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and the ability to add customized fields to the booking flow is not available at this time. I can see how this feature would streamline the check-in process for a wide variety of sellers. For now, you may need to verify additional details outside of the app.

We'll circle back with any other developments or solutions as they become available. Please let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Custom booking questions?

Hi @Thomas2

Welcome to the Seller Community!

Custom booking questions or fields when your customers book appointments is definitely one of the more popular feature requests we've seen. 

Our Product Team is currently tracking this, and your personal use case for age limits is one that I haven't seen before, so thanks for sharing your feedback! Hopefully our Product Team can come up with a solution for this in the near future. 

Currently, the best workaround to collect additional information is to request that it be provided in the appointment notes when they book. Here's a screenshot from the customer booking side for reference: 

You can add instructions to indicate if they're 18+, and if not, to provide their parents name in the Service Description field so your clients can see it when they book. Here's another screenshot of the Service Description section: 

Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in with a workaround that they currently use for their business. 

Let me know if you have any other questions 👍🏼

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Customize Appointments form

Hi there, and welcome to the Seller Community!

I know it's pretty generic, but there currently isn’t a way to add custom fields to your online booking site, but this is a popular feature request the Appointments team is tracking.

What would be the reasoning behind changing the "How do we say hello?" section? Our Product Team would love to hear the feedback. 

132 Comments

I need this feature too. I'm a magician doing kids birthday parties. I need more info like their address AND the party location address (may be different) child's name and age, how many kids, Ave a few other simple questions. 

Without the ability to customize my form, square appointments is useless to me. 

I am booking appointments from the calendar directly and I'm wondering how to inform my clients of the information they will need prior to their appointment such as how to get in the building and to inform their therapist of any medical needs.  I see that you can add a statement to the email or text confirmation, but is there a way to add this to the notification permanently?

Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I send customers information they need to know prior to their appointment?

Welcome to the Seller Community @Ajoakers!

You can customize the email notifications your clients receive when they book an Appointment with you, so you could edit these emails to ask clients to share specific information with you before an appointment. To do this navigate to Settings section of your Appointments Dashboard and select Communications. Click on an email and make changes in the text box on the right-hand side of the screen.

I'm adding your post to this thread where we're tracking interest in a way to request certain information from clients when an appointment is made. Now that your post is in this thread you'll be notified of any updates! 

Trying to switch from Acuity too, this platform is so much cleaner and it intergrates better BUT the custom forms by product is a deal breaker for us.

Looks like users have been requesting this for over a year and still no option. Asking without malice, just trying to see if I should move on to other products, so Square Support, any other answer besides you'll add it to a request list?

Alumni

Hey @CourtContext - Unfortunately, no updates to share on this front at the moment. If you have an urgent need for this feature, we definitely encourage you to do what's in the best interest of your business even if it means moving away from Square products. We'll definitely announce if there are any changes to this in the future.

I own a ride service and I have a lot of people who book online for incoming flights or they book for their clients.

The appointment service I'm using now, allows for me to add extra text fields to the form.

Example:

Name:

Email:

Number:

Then I was able to add these extras on:

Who are you booking for: (Drop Down -> *Myself or *Another Person)

Pickup Location: 1234 This Lane

Drop Off Location: KCI Airport

Flight Number: AA1234

Number of Passengers: 2

Extra Details: Early Morning Flight

Then I could also pick which ones are required, as not everyone is always going to have an flight number but I do at least need a number.

I see that there is a thread similar to this but the answer in that thread is not satifactory. I tried Square appointments a long time ago and tried to work with their answer about having people put the details in the "additonal details" space.

Yeah, that doesn't work as people just glaze over it and I end up spending a lot of time having to call them for more details. So I stopped using Square Appointments just for that reason. That was about 2 years ago, if not longer.

I'm suprised that this still isn't an option. The answer on the thread was back on 5-30-2017 and here we're almost halfway through 2018.

I've been a long time Square user and would like to bring everything together with Square...but until the Appointment App comes out for Android and you guys decide to add the ability to customize the booking questions (what's taking so long?)...I'll just have to stick with who I have to book appointments.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5860

This explains exactly what to do.  Hope you understand it.  I did it before answering your question

Thank you...I'm not sure why I couldn't find that when I was looking through help...

Ok, so I tried that.

Unfortunately, it only works for putting in custom fields for customers. It doesn't actually put the fields into appointments that are being booked online.

I need to be able to put custom fields into the appointments booking widget that is seen while booking online.

After I add those fields into the customer part, it doesn't show up on the online booking part.

I need to be able to add more fields here to this form.I need to be able to add more fields here to this form.

Thanks for the answer as I now know how to add more fields to the customer part...now they need to give us the option to add it to the online appointments widget for our websites.

I am also looking for custom forms to send to clients prior to appointments. I am currently with MassageBook and would love to integrate everything on the Square platform instead. This would be a no-brainer with the custom form option. Let's make it happen! *Nudge, nudge!*