x

Deleting Options

Can I delete an Options Set without losing valuable sales reporting? Will the sale still be there when it happened or is it deleted as well? Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi @bbutler222,

Thanks for posting in the community. 

To make sure i'm understanding, by "option set" do you mean variations or certain items in your library? Also, do you take your payments in person or through an online store?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 5

Hi Alex and thank you for responding. From what I understand (which I'm still a little confused) the option set carries the variations so if I delete a variation in an option set does the item still show up on reports for the time it was active. And further if I decide I want to delete all the variations and delete the option set, because it is no longer needed, again do those variations show up on a report when those items were active? I'm assuming they would but I wanted to be sure. When I started my items creation back in January I don't think I did the set up right and I'm trying to do a little clean up but don't want to lose reporting on things sold etc. Thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Hi @bbutler222,

Understood. Yes you are correct. If you delete and item/variation, the data from all previous sales will still be in your report summary and history. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 5

Thank you Alex for helping me work through this issue!!

Message 5 of 5