x

Deleting pre-selected items on modifiers menu in Square for Restaurants

I'm setting up a modifiers menu in Square for Restaurants where addons to something, like a sandwich, can be deleted and it deducts the cost of that item from the meal. Example - A sandwich comes with Fries and bacon normally, but the customer doesn't want fries. I'm setting up the prices of the individual items as modifiers, so that fries, bacon, and basic sandwich all have their own values so that customizations allow for a price change.

However - when I pre-select fries and bacon for the sandwich, and begin entering the ticket, the modifiers menu updates to say "No Fries" when the option is "x"ed out, and the price doesn't update. Is there any way to turn off the "no" function on pre-selected items so that they just disappear from the list? I'm trying to prevent my servers from having to key in all of the options for every item to eliminate chances for errors.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@davisn4561 I'm sorry for all the confusion this has caused!

I checked with the Restaurants team and they confirmed that the way you've set up modifiers menu won't decrement/update the price when you remove a modifier. Currently, the only way to build up to the total price for an item and take off a cost is to not have the modifiers set up as pre-selected.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions about this please let me know. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for looking into this. I also spoke with Matt via email about this issue and suggested to him that this be a feature that can be turned off or on by the user. We're doing this for 2 reasons - first, to ensure that our kitchen gets the list of options for the finishing process, and 2nd, to save time for servers entering tickets. The trouble we have is that when someone wants to remove an option, customers sometimes get upset that dropping something doesn't reduce the price. So we're trying to design a more "a la carte" style setup with how tickets get entered. It gives our customers more flexibility and more accurately prices options.

We'll figure out a way to work around this, but I suspect that other customers have a similar situation to ours.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

I do see how this would help make servers more efficient, and help your customers too. Thanks for sharing this request here and with the Restaurants team over email too - we hear you! 

And if anyone else would like the same feature pelase reply here to let us know how it would help your business! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4