x

Detail Sales Tax Report

How do you generate a detail sales tax report in Square that shows each item that had sales tax charged with it. We have taxable sales and non-taxable sales. I need to see which items were associated with the sales tax in a report, by date form. All I can find is a summary report that reflects total tax collected, taxable sales, and non-taxable sales during the time frame. How do I drill down into the detail?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @sylvanmoon, currently we don't have a report that shows the tax details of each item in a sale. 

Although, you can pull this information manually by using the Item Detail CSV on the Transaction report. It will give you every sale and the taxes collected for a given time. If you need help finding this information  please feel free to reach out to me! 

Message 2 of 6

From 7-22-2018

Hey @sylvanmoon, currently we don't have a report that shows the tax details of each item in a sale. 

Although, you can pull this information manually by using the Item Detail CSV on the Transaction report. It will give you every sale and the taxes collected for a given time. If you need help finding this information  please feel free to reach out to me! 

Is this STILL the case?

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for stepping in to offer help here, @alsonafford 😎 We appreciate you!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Hello! I'm just bumping this back up into current conversation. Who do we need to ask about creating a report where we can see what transactions had tax exempt items? Every month when I pay sales tax, I have to dig through the whole month's transaction history to figure it out. My state wants tax exempt items reported in 8 categories (nonprofits, wholesale for resale, out of state, etc.). It's very frustrating to have to dig and find all of that every month.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thanks so much for this Request @LinWoodSweets. In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Reporting. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6