x

Differences between dashboard reporting and app

I am trying to figure out why the dashboard sales numbers are reporting completely different numbers than the app. It's bad enough that I have suspected an employee of stealing only to find a $200/day difference in cash sales reporting between the app and the dashboard. 

What's going on?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hey @Dbanker -

This sounds like something our CS Team is better suited to investigate. Have you reached out already so they can comb through your account? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Hello @Dbanker !

I agree with @JustinC that account-specific questions are best handled by our Customer Service team, but I have an idea that could be the culprit...

-Check your reporting settings on your devices. I had one device set to report only the specific device's sales instead of every device. Took me waaaaaay too long to figure that one out. On your reports screen on the POS, tap the date. Make sure the customizer screen is set to All Devices.

Short of that, I do think a call to customer service is in order. I haven't seen sales discrepancies on my side since... well... I had the setting mis-configured. 😣

-

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 3 of 4

I had the exact same experience...

I contacted customer service and was told the issue would be escalated.. that was a month ago... I've had zero follow-up from square and still have inaccuracies.

thx for the reminder.. I'll need to call CS again.

Message 4 of 4