x
Sasha-Crow

Re: Different Shipping options in Online Store?

Hi - my items tab does not look the same as the one in the screen shot". I have tried to set shipping modifiers through the item listing with no luck.  I've tried it after choosing a flat rate from the settings and without one. Either way, the modifiers are shown as "advanced" and with "No modifiers created" under that. Clicking on everything, no ability or options for setting modifiers comes up.  Same thing with taxes. Shown as "Taxes / Advanced" with no way to modify. 

Could this be a browser issue? I am using Chrome - fully up-to-date - on Win 10 

It would sure be helpful to have (or to know where to find if there is already one) a step-by-step instructions for setting shipping fees.

Thanks! 

Message 21 of 31
Admin

@Sasha-Crow The screenshots is not reflecting modifiers, but rather "price points" or "item variants". These are located in the items tab of your Square Dashboard. 

In regards to your question above, if you add different price points to your items for shipping, the shipping will be charged on a per-item basis if you set it up this way. 

There isn't a way to add conditional shipping, but the work around listed in the Best Answer should help. 

Message 22 of 31
weavernp226

I'm not new to square but I am new to the online store process. My question is also about shipping. I offer a lot of different products with different price points. I would like for my customers to be able to choose the shipping amount based on the their total order and not just a flat rate. something like this: orders under $50 pay this amount, orders $51-$100 pay this amount, orders over $101 pay this amount. I don't see how to make this happen. I thought I did by creating a modifier but it added the shipping to each item and not the total sale amount. Can you PLEASE HELP ME? I've emailed customers service several times but I have yet to get an answer.

Message 23 of 31
Admin

@weavernp226 There isn’t a way to create a conditional shipping rule based on order totals. This is a great idea and would definitely help businesses with shipping costs. 

Message 24 of 31
EadweardYork

Square need to fix its shipping. It is quite stupid that you can add a modifier with shipping cost, and their system lets you choose free shipping or flat rate, and does not let you change it for each item. I am getting frustrated with this system that is flawed, and I just got started. When I view my item it shows free shipping yet the modifiers cleary show there is a charge. They need to get someone who knows what they are doing with their code. sloppy work. flawed system.

Message 25 of 31
Admin

@EadweardYork - Sorry to hear about the trouble and thanks for sharing your feedback. You may consider one of our eCommerce partnerships. All of them offer a more feature-rich experience, as this is the only product they focus on. I'll also be sure to share your thoughts with our product liaison team. 

Message 26 of 31
CoastalStrokes

Different Shipping options in Online Store?

I have 36 colors of paint that I sell. One can is $8.95 to ship how do I list the addt'l cans at $4.50 a can? When I put the shipping in at $8.95 per can and I buy 2 cans it puts the shipping in as $17.90 but I want it to be $13.4 not $17.90. Hope I am expaining this right. Thanks!! 

Message 27 of 31
Admin

@CoastalStrokes Hi there and welcome to the Square Seller Community!

Check out this existing thread with some workarounds and screenshots that you can reference. 

Let me know if you have any other specific questions. 

Message 28 of 31
Highlighted
madcurlsdesigns

Is there a way to do partial shipping on items ordered?

Is there a way to do partial shipping on items ordered?

Message 29 of 31
Admin

Re: Is there a way to do partial shipping on items ordered?

Hi @madcurlsdesigns

I've moved your post to a relevant existing thread as it sounds like you're using the Online Store.

Check out the Best Answer and let me know if this works for you or if you have any questions. 

Message 30 of 31