x

Appointments: Can I set different service prices depending on the time of day?

Is there a way to set payments for services when clients are booking through the onoline portal to be time sensitive? In other words, appointments before 4PM are one price versus after 4PM being a different price?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @pixjason! At this time there isn't a way to make services time sensitive. If you'd like to share some more information about why this is important to your business that would really help the Appointments team! 

As a workaround, instead of setting a fixed price for your services, have you considered adjusting your pricing to start at a specific price point? You could state the price for each time range in the service description, so clients know what to expect.

To change pricing for a service from your Appointments Dashboard:

1. Click on a specific service.
  2. Edit the description if needed.
  3. Scroll down to Pricing.
  4. Click on the dropdown to select Starting at > click Save to save your changes!
️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 5

I’m a photographer and I’m offering some discounted photo sessions for people who will come before 4pm. If people are given the option they will always choose the cheaper option. So I need the prices to be time specific. I made a workaround by having myself as an employee and the owner and the items are specific to the employee then. It’s kinda hinky if you ask me when it gets to the booking exoerience for the client. I hope this is something that you will consider in the future as I know lots of businesses must have scenarios like this. 

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Thank you @pixjason! Glad you found a workaround that works for you.

If this feature is built in the future we'll update this post to let you know.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 5

it would be useful to me since I run a recording studio and I try to encourage people to book certain time frames by offering lower prices during those hours

Message 5 of 5