x

Square for Restaurants: Recipe/Ingredient Management

Square for Restaurants: Recipe/Ingredient Management

How has square inventory worked for you? I’m thinking about using it but I worry how it will work with items that use the same ingredients. Ex. Multiple dishes that use chicken. Would this work well with inventory management. If not what have you used that works? Thanks!

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Bundle items together as a single item, and pull from inventory individually

+1 on this request.

Currently running a retail basic blank apparel store.

I'd like to start selling custom printed T-shirts(both on/offline), while keeping inventory of my blanks.

86 Comments

Using the square in a private club lounge.  So, I have a case of brand x beer, so 24 bottles.  I have a happy hour price, a regular price, and a bucket price.

I want to track the 24 bottles but cannot determine in advance what portion will be happy hour, regular, or part of a bucket.

Is there a way to track all of the 24 bottles regardless what price they were sold at?

Super Seller Alumni

Okay,  here is my thought on this.  If you use the button menu and not a scanner you will be fine.  Enter your item and put in prices under variations.  It would look something like this

Item Name Brand X

Variation

Regular Price - $X.XX

Happy Hour - $X.XX

Bucket - $X.XX

Now the problem with this is for inventory you would have to total them all up and you really can't use the low stock alert.  But you would be able to see what you are selling and when you are selling the most.

The other option is to have one item and one price and apply a Happy hour Discount or Bucket Discount to it.  This will work fine if all your items have the same discount $ or % off amount.

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Need a seperate inventory category that deducts from master inventory list

I own a company that makes a beverage (more specifically a health tonic).

I have 3 flavors and 3 different sizes within those flavors.

Here is an example: My "honey lemon" flavor comes in 2oz, 8oz and 16oz.

I sell these bottles individually as well as in cases (12 bottles in each case). I would like to have my inventory be able to deduct 12 bottles from my master inventory list if I happen sell a case. I thought addding a variation under that product could allow me to put in a case and have it automatically deduct 12 bottles from my master inventory but it wont.

I called squre and right now there is no feature that does that. He kindly is putting in a request for that as he sees that this could be a problem for many. He did however, offer up putting it on this community board to see if anyone has had this issue and has had a creative solution to it!

I look forward to hearing any thoughts! 

i can use that im my bussines too

Square Community Moderator

Hi @mastertonic and @MRKey

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. 

Unfortunately, the sale of items created as a bundle will not reduce your inventory for each individual item in your library. 

I've moved your post to this existing thread, which goes through a few workarounds and the pros and cons of each. 

Hopefully this helps out 👍🏼

Is there a way to have an item contain multiple other items?  Specifically to track inventory.

For example, this is a bar and they sell mixed drinks.  They want a 'Rum and Coke' item that contains to other inventory items 'Rum 1.5oz and coke 5.5oz'. 

Modifier sets don't appear to have qty or reduce from inventory.

thoughts?  advice?

Super Seller Alumni

This is currently not possible to do with Square.  You might check out one of the Third Party apps.

I have a friend that is using Square, they have a smoothie bar in their gym.  We put together a spreadsheet.  He enters the number of sales per item he had during a set time frame.  It then calculates and tells him how much ingredients were used.  He then can double check his inventory.

In Inventory, I want to associate an ingredient with a categorie of product. How to do it?

Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread.

@Pierre305 I merged your post with this thread as another seller asked the same question. Check our @RHatch's reply above!

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Can you add multiple products to one item?" The author has been notified via email.

We are a non profit arts council who are also running a bar in our establishment.  We have set up the items for each drink available for purchase at our bar but we would like to be able to add inventory for our mixed drinks.  Is there a way to add multipul products to the one mixed drink item on our square app so we can keep track of inventory better?  For example we have a mixed drink which is made of juice and mead.  Can we add the amounts of juice and mead to the one item so it will keep track in our inventory for each?  Thank you so much for your input!