x

Disable Owner Time Clock

I am setting up employee management on the POS for the first time. I notice that when an employee types in their passcode, the POS will always ask if they want to clock in (if they aren't already). This is fine for hourly employees, but it's also prompting this for my code. I'm an owner, and don't need to track time, so is it possible to disable that prompt for my code?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @majpepper

I see how this seems kind of silly if you're the owner. Currently we do not have a way to disable the clock in prompt for specific employee profiles. Luckily you can just hit, "Continue to Point of Sale without Clocking In." Never the less, I will make sure to pass your feature request along to our product team! 😀

If you have any other questions please let me know. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

Hello @majpepper

I see how this seems kind of silly if you're the owner. Currently we do not have a way to disable the clock in prompt for specific employee profiles. Luckily you can just hit, "Continue to Point of Sale without Clocking In." Never the less, I will make sure to pass your feature request along to our product team! 😀

If you have any other questions please let me know. 

Message 2 of 8

I understand I can press that, but having to do it every time I do something on the POS (often several times an hour) is a little frustrating. Thanks for passing it on.

Message 3 of 8

Yes...please fix this!!  Because now I have to manually go in every week and delete timecards that I don't need.  The system should know that the owner does not need to clock in.  It already knows that this is the owner four digit passcode.  It shouldn't even be asking that question...nevermind 52 times a day for every sale.

Message 4 of 8

Upper management must not have liked this request, as 6 years later it still has not been changed.

Message 5 of 8

I saw this was asked back in 2017, but I didn't see an update for it. Is there a solution to not having to clock in as the owner? Ignoring it is a pain as I am putting in my code to check out a customer or to access other functions several times an hour. 

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @encsportscards - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this topic as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

I'm going to consult with the team that owns clock-in for this one to get the best answer for you. I'll reach back out to you here once I gather more info!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @encsportscards - I've just heard back from the team.

They've let me know that this is currently a feature request. Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to your business.

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8