x

Disable Suggested Items in Transaction View

We have square terminal, which we love, but are having a problem with the most recent update.  

When we enter a SKU while creating a transaction, our terminal is now giving suggestions for items that are not in our list ('Shipping', 'Hat', 'T-Shirt').    Since our system syncs to square for inventory, it could cause a problem if some employee actually used one of these.

How can we disable these "suggested" items?   If it is not possible, can the square monitor of this forum mention this as a setting item to the developers?

UPDATE - Working with this through the day, my employees have all noted that this is a major annoyance.   Please disable these suggestions (or allow users to disable through settings).

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hi @airKevin,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this up—we want your experience to be the opposite of a major annoyance.😬 To be sure that I'm fully understanding, are the suggested items only causing issues when you type in the SKU number or are you using a bar code scanner? If there's any chance you can provide a specific example, I'll be able to better illustrate the issue with the proper team members. Appreciate your patience as we do iterate based on seller feedback.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 9
Admin

Update: 

Good news! It looks like our Point of Sale team was able to resolve this issue. When you have a chance, please ensure that you've updated to the latest version of the app: Update Your App. With that, the search function should return to normal.

Please let us know if anything else comes up, and thanks again for your patience.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 9

Help! - I just got an update on my Square Terminal and not I have "Suggested" Items in my items list - Water, T-Shirt-Shipping- Etc - How do I get rid of these ? 
Please Help This is Frustrating 

Message 4 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @STKBB15226 - thanks for reaching out and letting us know. This sounds strange, indeed. Would you mind posting a photo here of what you're seeing? Would love to get some eyes on it.

You can also reach out to our Support Team directly if you're not able to enlist a photo here. 

I will keep an eye out for your response! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 9

From this post https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Square-Terminal-Suggested-Items/m-p/190281#M7148...

You should be able to hold down on the suggested item and it will open the "Edit Item" page. If you scroll down you'll see the option to "Delete Item". 

Message 6 of 9

That did not work for web version.  See pic.  Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.24.12 AM.png

Message 7 of 9

Hi, I am getting suggestions for item names which is getting a little frustrating. Is there any way I can disable the suggestions for item names on my dashboard??

Message 8 of 9

Here is a screenshot highlighting the same problem.

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 8.39.36 PM.png

Message 9 of 9