x
Beta Member

Disable suggested items

I have noticed in my point of sale app that when I am trying to add an item for checkout, some of my categories have suggested items at the top. They don't pertain to my business at all, and I shouldn't have to constantly go past them to get to what I actually do sell. I have not been able to find any way to delete or disable them. Has anybody found a way to do this?

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@wolftimj I've responded to your post in this thread confirming the workaround for item suggestions should work for you. Please test it out and let me know in that thread if you have any other trouble. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 14 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to bring this up, @balancedlife. Good news—I went to check on this and it looks like our Point of Sale team recently resolved this suggested items issue. When you have a chance, please ensure that you've updated to the latest version of the app: Update Your App. With that, the search option should return to normal.

Let us know if the issue persists and we'll be sure to escalate for further review.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 16
Beta Member

I'm using Square Terminal and have the same problem. The About section says I'm using the latest version of the software, but the suggested items are still present. Is there something else I need to do?

Message 3 of 16

@pslusell Hmm updating the app should of fixed that error for you. 

If you don't have any offline payments pending, you could try deleting the app and redownloading it in case it's buggy. 

Let me know if that clears it for you and if not, we'll escalate to Support!

Ashley C
Message 4 of 16
Beta Member

The Square Terminal doesn't have a way to delete the software, the  entire interface is just the app. It's supposed to reset every night at 3:00 AM and should automatically update the software then--and it still says it's up to date, apparently.

Message 5 of 16

@pslusell Oof total mistake on my part. Sorry about that. I was picking up where Tom left off and overlooked that part.

This may be something our Support team files a ticket for if it's persisting. 

I'm going to go ahead and make the case for you now so someone should be following up by email for next steps. 

Ashley C
Message 6 of 16

I am also having the same issue with my terminal.  There are three suggested items (shipping, jewelry, and t-shirt) added to several of my item categories while I'm in the checkout screen and the don't show up in my actual item lists.

Jeff

Message 7 of 16
Alumni

If you're still running into this issue, and haven't already reached out to our Support team - that's the next step I recommend here. We have a dedicated hardware team that can dig in with you and get to the root here, @needso2.

You can get in touch by email or phone right here; let us know if you run into trouble!

Valentina
Message 8 of 16

I'm also having this issue on my Terminal devices and they have the latest software downloaded. Seems to impact on certain item categories when filtering. 

Message 9 of 16
Alumni

Since you've already updated your software, and are still running into this issue, we'd advise for you to get in touch with our hardware team. Just reach out to our Support team, let them know you're having a bit of trouble with your Square Terminal, and they'll route the call to the correct team. 

If you run into a wall trying to reach out - just let me know here, @CJFC!

Valentina
Message 10 of 16
Beta Member

How do I turn off suggestions on my Items page? This just showed up and I hate it! 

Message 11 of 16
Alumni

Hey there @eastmart - the suggestion item issue was fixed late last year with an app update. Make sure your POS app is downloaded to the latest version. 

If an update didn't fix it, reach out to our CS Team for more extensive troubleshooting. 

Justin
Message 12 of 16

Has anyone figured this out? New Terminal, updated. Same issue.

Message 13 of 16

Best Answer

@wolftimj I've responded to your post in this thread confirming the workaround for item suggestions should work for you. Please test it out and let me know in that thread if you have any other trouble. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 14 of 16

I do not wish to see suggested items with no cost displayed in the Square App on my phone.

Example: Water, Sandwich and Coffee all with $0.00 cost are showing in my phone.

How can these be removed?

Message 15 of 16
Alumni

Check out Ashley's answer on this thread I moved you to.

Justin
Message 16 of 16