x

Discount QR Code

Is there a way to link a discount code in a POS to a QR code?

We'll be soon opening  a bar/coffee shop. We'd like to have produced some "friends and family" key fobs (think Tesco club card). The customer could present it at checkout, the cashier would scan the QR code and it would automatically apply the discount to the order.

Of course we could colour code the key fobs and get the cashier to manually apply the discount relevant to the code but we thought it would be nice if it was scanned.

We'd have different cards/QR codes for 10%/15%/20% etc...

Is this possible within Square or any add-ons? Tap Mango looks the closest but maybe not exactly what we have in mind.

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @theangus, thank you for reaching out! From looking on my end, this isn't a feature on Square at the moment. I've passed the information on to our Product team and lodged it as a feature request, so hopefully we will be able to develop something like this in the future.

In the meantime, staffs will need to apply discounts manually at checkout for eligible customers. 

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the reply. I do think it would be a really useful feature to connect  a QR code to a coupon to then apply the discount.

Opens up a whole world of promo fun as well alongside what we would have used it for here.

Random discounts on marketing materials, email newsletter discounts "show us this QR code this weekend for 20% etc". 

Message 3 of 3