x

Discount on a specific modifier?

I am trying to give customers a $0.25 discount for using their own mug for coffee. I have a modifier set that includes "for here", "to go", or "own cup". I want to make the own cup subtract $0.25 from the price, but square won't let me put in a negative amount. Any advice? 

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

How I've gotten around this is by having the item be a lesser price and the modifiers bring it up to your menu price.

As an example, If your coffee is priced at $2.00, have your coffee item be $1.75. Your For Here and To Go modifiers then have a $0.25 price upcharge. Your Own Cup modifier woukd not have a charge and the price would stay at $1.75.

For reporting, the modifier upcharges don't do anything weird with the sale. Unless you dig into it, your coffees will all show as $2.00 on your reports (with the exception of the Own Cup ones, of course).

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

How I've gotten around this is by having the item be a lesser price and the modifiers bring it up to your menu price.

As an example, If your coffee is priced at $2.00, have your coffee item be $1.75. Your For Here and To Go modifiers then have a $0.25 price upcharge. Your Own Cup modifier woukd not have a charge and the price would stay at $1.75.

For reporting, the modifier upcharges don't do anything weird with the sale. Unless you dig into it, your coffees will all show as $2.00 on your reports (with the exception of the Own Cup ones, of course).

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3

Is there a way to discount modifiers? If not, there should be.

Message 3 of 3