x

Discount only if coupon presented

Hi I am running an ad in a local magazine - Buy 2 items get the 3rd of equal or lower value 25% off.  

How do I make this work for just the customers who present the coupon?  And who have the online code?  

I had it set up to automatically apply and if any customer gets three items they get the discount and I do not want that.  They will have to have the coupon for the discount.

Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @allaboutoil and welcome to the Seller Community! You can create a coupon for your online store under Items > Coupons. Since it isn't automatic, you can have customers add it at the time of their online sale. 

As far as in person coupons, you can use Square Marketing to email a coupon code to all of your customers so they can use it in person. Keep in mind your Square Marketing coupons will not work on the online store and onlie store coupons will not work on the Point of Sale app.  

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I understand your response, however that honestly did not answer my question. 

is it possible to have a coupon buy 2 get the 3rd 25% off without it being automatic for In store?!? 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

I can only do my best, but you mentioned above you had it set up automatically, and that you wanted customers to "have to have the coupon for the discount." If you would like me to answer a question more specifically, I ask that you do just that, ask a specific question.

To answer your last question "is it possible to have a coupon buy 2 get the 3rd 25% off without it being automatic for In store?!? " Yes, you can do that automatically in store. Please check out the details here.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4