x

Discount question

I can't find the "Make this discount available in your online store".

I created the discount but I don't see the option to do that.

1. Toggle on "Make this discount available in your online store" to allow customers to apply a promo code to their order. Enter the promo code details.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Discount question

Glad you reached out! It can be a bit complicated to create discounts for your Online Store if your Dashboard is set up with multiple locations. Here's how to do it:

• Sign in to Items in your online Square Dashboard and click an item in your library
  • Under Inventory, select a location and click Go
  • Click Discounts
  • Select an existing discount or create a new one
  • Then toggle on Make this discount available in your online store and add the promo code information
  • Click Save

While you initially click an item to create the discount, you should know that discounts can’t be applied to individual items but just the total sale amount.

Does that work?

If so, please consider clicking Author's Choice beneath this post.

3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Glad you reached out! It can be a bit complicated to create discounts for your Online Store if your Dashboard is set up with multiple locations. Here's how to do it:

• Sign in to Items in your online Square Dashboard and click an item in your library
  • Under Inventory, select a location and click Go
  • Click Discounts
  • Select an existing discount or create a new one
  • Then toggle on Make this discount available in your online store and add the promo code information
  • Click Save

While you initially click an item to create the discount, you should know that discounts can’t be applied to individual items but just the total sale amount.

Does that work?

If so, please consider clicking Author's Choice beneath this post.

Message 2 of 4

The toggle is missing.  I can not create a discount for my online store.  It looks like this has been a problem for a while.  My discount that exists worked....sort of.  It took off the price of the gift card, instead of the shipping price.

Message 3 of 4
Square

@BeeCoffee - It can be tricky to track down. You have to make sure that you navigate to an item specific dashboard first. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 4