x

Do Not Save Card Default?

When we email an invoice to a customer we have the option to uncheck the box to keep the customer from saving their card which is what we prefer. But in the speed of life it doesn't always get unchecked therby allowing the customer to use a saved card for later purchase. Is there a default setting across all customer accounts that when a invoice is entered that the box would normally be unchecked. This almost seems like square has defaulted this way as saved payments have a higher fee. I just believe it should have been set up to default to the lower cost but should be easily changed for those who need to save cards. I did the math and know it isn't a huge difference especially with lower sale amounts.

Emailed invoice fee....  2.9% + 0.30 / Invoice

vs.

Emailed saved card.... 3.5% + 0.15¢ / Invoice

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Waterman, welcome to the seller community! 

Thanks for bringing this up — I can see how having the option to control the default "Allow Customer to save their card" setting for Invoices would help streamline your workflow. I'll point this out to our Product Liaison team.

In addition, I want to assure that you will not be charged the higher fee unless you, as the seller, initiate the payment using the payment card that your customer saved. As long as you continue to send the invoice to your customer and they complete the payment on their end, you'll continue to receive the emailed invoice fee rate.

Hope this helps clear things up a bit more! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

I also need to set "off" as a default, since using Square, 3 people have not done business thru this as to seeing it, as I also forgot in haste and speed to toss an invoice.

Jim

Message 3 of 4
Square

Sorry to hear about the experience with your customers, @IamJim. We'll continue to share the feedback and will update here if this changes in the future. Thanks for posting.

Message 4 of 4