x

Do recurring invoices automatically collect payment?

I'm looking at using recurring invoices to process payments for a monthly subscription service - can anyone tell me if it automatically collects the payment each month,  I do not want to send an invoice and give them the option to pay, I want the payment to happen automatically for the number of months they've chosen on the subscription plan.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @LeanneP 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! This is a great question, and we are happy to have you join us here.

Recurring Invoices are set up to default to sending the Invoice automatically in the cadence you selected. This default setting will give your buyers the chance to enter their card information when the Invoice is due.

However, we do offer an option to save a customers card on file which would allow for automatic charging of your customer when the Invoice is due. I believe this is the feature you would be looking for! 

Let me know if that gets you where you need to be! I am here to help. Cheers!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

How do i create memberships for my clients that auto-bills them every month and check them out without them paying for the services they received since its already included in their membership.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi @TMBEAUTY- You can use recurring invoices for this purpose like my friend Joe mentions in this Community post. This is the route that many sellers take when wanting to set up subscriptions for their customers!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4