x

Does Square automatically calculate sales tax based on customer location?

My online store will serve people everywhere, not just my store's physical location. There is no state or local sales tax where I live, so my default for local customers would be no tax.

How can I set this up for my online store?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

You can set Square up to automatically calculate the tax by state for your online store. There is a checkbox to automatically calculate when adding a tax rate for the US. There are some conditions to this so I have linked an article on this. 

Note: 'You only need to collect sales tax in states where you have nexus (significant connection).' See 9 crucial things to know about sales tax for more.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Best Answer

You can set Square up to automatically calculate the tax by state for your online store. There is a checkbox to automatically calculate when adding a tax rate for the US. There are some conditions to this so I have linked an article on this. 

Note: 'You only need to collect sales tax in states where you have nexus (significant connection).' See 9 crucial things to know about sales tax for more.

Message 2 of 5

Perfect, thank you @mattd 😊

Message 3 of 5

Will the automatic sales tax feature works only with an online store built in the square platform or can I use that also in my Wix website?

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

@Yael you will need to check with your item prices on Wix to see if you can implement a sales tax on your online sales. We only accept the payment processing with Wix and do not communicate inventory sales between each other.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5