x

Does Square have a way to generate PDF for Estimates?

Square currently allows generation of PDF's for Invoices, which is something I like a lot. However, I fail to understand why you can't to the same for the Estimates? We deal in the Plumbing industry, we work with Contractors, Business and others who at times require a PDF file to submit and pass along.

At this point the only way to get a PDF of the Estimate is to Go to Estimates > More > Print and then save the file as PDF from the Browser print dialog. 

Sadly it isn't a dedicated and cool looking like the Invoice PDF generation is.

As such, is this going to be added? Or is there a way to send PDF's to customers instead of a link / email.

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 19
1 Verified Answer
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Does Square have a way to generate PDF for Estimates?

Hi there, @TPD - good to hear from you again! Thanks for asking this, its a good one.

You are correct; currently we do not offer a direct link to a downloadable PDF for Square Estimates. I can definitely see how this would be helpful and would save time, so I am going to pass this over to our Invoices team as a request going forward. 

In the meantime, the work-around you stated above (More > Print > Save as PDF) is the best option for getting a PDF for your records. 

I will be sure to update you here if there is any news to share down the road on this feature. Thanks for your patience! 

1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @TPD - good to hear from you again! Thanks for asking this, its a good one.

You are correct; currently we do not offer a direct link to a downloadable PDF for Square Estimates. I can definitely see how this would be helpful and would save time, so I am going to pass this over to our Invoices team as a request going forward. 

In the meantime, the work-around you stated above (More > Print > Save as PDF) is the best option for getting a PDF for your records. 

I will be sure to update you here if there is any news to share down the road on this feature. Thanks for your patience! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Best Answer

Joe
Message 2 of 19

It would be very helpful to be able to save or download a PDF of an estimate as you can an Invoice.  We are a landscape company and have a retail nursery and we are always producing estimates that need to be saved in our job packets.   This would definitely help us streamline things without having to print and scan it in.    

Message 3 of 19

Hi there, @RRN - welcome here to the Seller Community! Happy to have you reach out and join us. 

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding PDF estimates available for download. We are tracking it here as a Feature Request

As soon as we have news to share on this front, we will bounce back to everyone within this thread and update accordingly. Cheers! 

Joe
Message 4 of 19
Beta Member

Hi Joe,

Please ask the invoice team to add this feature (downloading Estimates as PDFs just like Invoices) to Square Estimates. Also, please ask them for the ability to edit "Estimate" to "Quote," as some customers may be confused by simply "Estimate" not knowing if it's a quote or not. More custom field capabilities. 

Thanks,

John

Message 5 of 19

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Re: Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices

Is there an option to create a pdf from the estimate. Customers are doing for PDF.

many thanks

Message 6 of 19
Admin

Hello @kitora18! I've added your post to this thread so you can read the current workaround. I'll also add this to our Feature Request board for Invoices so we can keep you updated on the status of this feature.  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 19
Admin

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 19

I have customers asking for Estimates in pdf format. It creates extra work to have to do the workaround which i found myself trying to sort this out. There just isn't the time to save and name every estinate so it can be sent in pdf. Hope its available soon. 

(Love the beta addition of packages option in estimates though-but still dont need quantities as a service provider)

Message 9 of 19

Thanks for the helpful feedback here, @Mrfixit - we appreciate you adding your voice in support of these edited features. We will continue to update everyone here on this thread and heavily vocalize new changes as they come down the pipeline.

Thanks so much for your continued patience!

Joe
Message 10 of 19

Yep. Another one who wishes estimates could be sent as PDFs without the workaround. Seems pretty bizarre that this isn’t an option already. I hope this feature is added soon. 

Message 11 of 19

I don't see an option to choose more, then to save as a PDF.  Why not?

Message 12 of 19
Admin

Hey @shellysbusiness!

We do not currently have a way to save an estimate as a PDF. Is that what you're asking? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 13 of 19

Yeah, I need this too.  In fact, I may drop square because of it.  You need to put those developers to work!  This is a simple problem that your customers need fixed. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Message 14 of 19

It's 2023 are we still not capable of sending an estimate as a pdf? I really didn't even think to ask if this was a feature before investing in Square for our business because how would it be possible for a technology company to not be able to generate a pdf? I am really disappointed and hope someone can rectify this soon. Unprofessional is the first thing that comes to mind when printing to a pdf. It is like taking a screenshot or a picture of a piece of paper. 

Message 15 of 19
Admin

Hi @bryfire, thanks for adding to this thread. 

Any updates on this that we have we'll be sure to share on this thread, but I totally understand your sentiment here. 

Hopefully, we'll have a positive update soon. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 16 of 19

Agree... this is crazy that I have to use another app to create estimates because I can't download a PDF of the estimate in Square! 😡

Message 17 of 19

I understand your frustration, @LostTaco. While I don't have an update on this feature yet, i'll continue to highlight the demand for this with our Invoices team. 

Message 18 of 19

Just chiming in to agree with everyone else here. Shocked to see that after four years and obvious demand this still isn't implemented as a feature.

Message 19 of 19