x
Beta Member

Does Square offer House Accounts or Charge Accounts?

Is there a way to allow a customer to accrue sales during the month and bill with one invoice at the end of the month?  Or send a statement with invoice details that they can then pay for all at once?  We have seasonal guests that we want to be able to charge to their account throughout the month and then we want to send one invoice instead of 12 small invoices.  Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hi @Camp4Fun.  Square does not currently have Hours/Charge accounts.  However, there is a reasonable work-around until they do.  When you create an invoice, you can specify that it is not to be sent until a future day (end of month, etc).  This will “schedule” the invoice to be sent at that time, but it won’t send to the customer just yet.  Each time a customer purchases something, you would just bring that invoice back up, edit it to add the new item(s) and then save it again.  On the specified date, all invoices would automatically send to the customer and if they have a card on file I believe that those customers would get an automatic charge.

Your employees can do this from POS, or from the Invoices App, or the dashboard or whatever you want them to use.

I hope that helps you for now.  I see that there is a feature request to Square to add House Accounts, but it doesn’t look like it has been added to the product roadmap, yet.  So I wouldn’t recommend submitting a feature request like I usually do.  LOL.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

@Camp4Fun 

Here is the thread you are looking for:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Join-the-House-Accounts-Beta-Program/td-p/6405... 

This feature is currently undergoing beta testing and you can get more information in this thread and you may want to look at the beta program.  Square is always looking for active sellers to test new features and you can help make square better.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

@Donnie-M Cool!  I had no idea there was a beta going for this.  When did that happen?!?!?  LOL

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

Man, @Donnie-M.  Once closes for the season and goes away for a few months and EVERYTHING changes!!  LOL. In a good way, of course.  @Camp4Fun ignore my previous reply.  In my defense, I did not know!

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

@TheRealChipA Yes it does!!!  I had to make sure there was a public thread before referring to this, but this is a great feature many people have asked for as a way to bill those frequent flier customers without being so tedious.  It isn't perfect, but it functions perfectly to offload the process of keeping up with what a customer buys without interrupting your whole work flow.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 6 of 6