x

Does Square provide account or merchant ID numbers?

Hello, i just purchased my Square. I am also trying to get a sellers permit. the board of equalization is asking for my "merchant card processor name" and "merchant caed processor account".

Where can i find my "merchant card processor account".

thanks people,

matthew

Message 1 of 44
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great questions everyone! Square actually doesn't have individual account numbers for our merchants. We use your individual email address to distinguish accounts. Every individual merchant account is associated with an email address instead of an account number. Try using the email address that is tied to your Square Account. 

Hope that helps! 

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

I have the exact same question...

Message 2 of 44

I am also looking for it myself to complete my Reseller's license application and it is no where to be found. Can someone help? Thanks!

Message 3 of 44

My question too.  Anyone ever find out?  

Thanks!

Message 4 of 44
Square

Best Answer

Great questions everyone! Square actually doesn't have individual account numbers for our merchants. We use your individual email address to distinguish accounts. Every individual merchant account is associated with an email address instead of an account number. Try using the email address that is tied to your Square Account. 

Hope that helps! 

Message 5 of 44

Then what is the account number they are asking for when you try to call to speak with a live person?

Message 6 of 44

For the merchant account number requested on the Seller's Permit, enter the email address that is on record associated w/ your Square account. Good luck!

Message 7 of 44

Texas limits it to 20 characters

Message 8 of 44
Square

@rbfarris - Hmm. 🤔  Perhaps you can put "N/A." Did you already ask their advice? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 9 of 44

Actually typing in the email address associated with my square account did not work, I have too many characters 

Message 10 of 44

I called Square support and they did say to use the email, but when I told them I had too many characters, they suggested that I just type in Square since they do not have individual merchant id numbers 

Message 11 of 44

Did that work?

Message 12 of 44

I am guessing so, nothing came back void 

Message 13 of 44

I applied for my permit in TX and was able to put "Square uses email" and that seemed to work

Message 14 of 44

Hi Yesterday I have tested with merchant's email and worked it,  but today i'm receveing message "Missing client by that `client_id`" 

Message 15 of 44

Hello @eduardoLillo, have you tried entering Square for your merchant id? 

Message 16 of 44

Inputting my email address for the Merchant idenification number actually worked for me, while filling out the Sellers permit application. Thank you !

Message 17 of 44

Where can you locate my Terminal ID or merchant ID number 

Message 18 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Juan1978 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding obtaining a Merchant ID. Check out this Best Answer from Kelly - she will provide some clarity here.

Let us know if you have any follow-up questions.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 19 of 44
Beta Member

I understand that you do not haver a customer number, but you use the email address as an identifier. I am not able to type that into your telephone system for getting help. 

Is there any way to get help that we can actually use?

Message 20 of 44

Where can I receive my merchant ID?  

Jada Charmaine Russell
Message 21 of 44