x

Does Square support “Chime?” Bank account

PayPal supports Chime, and only transactional accounts are supported by PayPal, the same criteria for Square. So why is Square refusing to link with a Chime account?

David A Bryant
Message 1 of 30
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

Yeah I use my Chime account with no issues

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @RayRay thanks for posting. We still do not support online only banks, so while you may be able to link your card, it is expected behavior that the card will continually unlink/unverify as it is not officially supported. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to help!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 19 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Admin

Hey @RayRay-

So sorry to hear that you've been having such trouble with us. We'd like to help you out with these issues, and get you up and running. Please give our Support Team a call whenever you get a chance. 

Otherwise, feel free to reply with any specific questions you have.  

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 22 of 30

I do have my website published if that's what you mean I just don't think it out there good enough and I will call later on today

Message 23 of 30

Message 24 of 30

Has this changed where chime is supported?

Message 25 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @NEAMOBEA 👋

I do not believe Chime is supported at this time, but I will see if I can get some more information for you. Thanks in advance for your patience. 

Message 26 of 30

I think they don't like banks like Chime that won't let you overdraft your account via ACH because it means they can't force a refund on you because they don't make you hold a reserve like credit card processors historically did 20 years ago. 

Message 27 of 30

I found out that even though they don't support online banking they expect cash app I think that's really weird okay at least for me that's a good solution

Message 28 of 30

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Revolut and N26 Online Banks in US

For a new US Square account, is it possible for us to link an online bank like Revolut or N26 account?

And also is it possible to link a debit card issued by these banks for instant transfer as well?

Thanks.

Message 29 of 30
Alumni

Online only banks are not supported by Square, nor their debit cards. If you don't have a different bank account to link, you might be interested in the Square Card which gives real-time access to funds available in your Square Balance from the sales collected. No bank account needed. 

@amdev

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 30 of 30