x

Does Square support Woocommerce pre-sales?

Does Square support Woocommerce pre-sales?  They’re not listed on Woocommerce (https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/pre-orders/) and I really don’t want to enable PayPal.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Partner

Best Answer

Hey @Joeblow92

Square's platform doesn't support Pre-Orders but you can still use the WooCommerce Pre-Orders along with the WooCommerce Square plugin.

Pre-Orders can function in two ways for collecting your payments.

The first is that you charge the customers at the time of order, not when the product is released. This method can be used with Square to process the payment through Square when the order is placed.

The second method you can use is the "Pay Later" method. With this, no payment information is collected when the order is made. Instead, once the product is released your site will email an invoice to your customer. They would then pay that invoice using the payment gateways you've set up (such as Square).

I hope this helps 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Joeblow92

WooCommerce supports the integration on their end, so this is something worth reaching out to them directly about. Maybe @Woo_Phil can chime in with some insight around this?

Message 2 of 6

Thanks EJ.

I did get a comment from Square stating:

"Thanks for reaching out. Our system itself does not do pre-orders, so based off of the link you provided I cannot be sure. But most likely not. I would have you reach out to WooCommerce directly as they control the integration. 

WooCommerce developed and manages the Square extension for WooCommerce. For help with WooCommerce specific questions, you’ll need to submit a ticket with their support team.

If for some reason they’re not able to help you, please reply back to me with your WooCommerce ticket number, and I’ll see what I can do from my side. I’m also happy to answer any questions you might have about using Square."

So it sounds like it's WooCommerce which needs to make it happen?

I've not done the request into WooCommerce yet but will be doing it.

Message 3 of 6
Partner

Best Answer

Hey @Joeblow92

Square's platform doesn't support Pre-Orders but you can still use the WooCommerce Pre-Orders along with the WooCommerce Square plugin.

Pre-Orders can function in two ways for collecting your payments.

The first is that you charge the customers at the time of order, not when the product is released. This method can be used with Square to process the payment through Square when the order is placed.

The second method you can use is the "Pay Later" method. With this, no payment information is collected when the order is made. Instead, once the product is released your site will email an invoice to your customer. They would then pay that invoice using the payment gateways you've set up (such as Square).

I hope this helps 🙂

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Hi! Since you were able to help with this question, I would like to ask a more detailed question. If I integrate Square with WooCommerce, will WooCommerce automatically be able to allow people to preorder items once inventory count for those items reaches 0? 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for writing in, @piercingsbylex - hoping can you share your insight here @Woo_Phil

Message 6 of 6