x
Beta Member

Does anybody have a document for the schema of the Square Library upload?

I need to know more about the Square Library Upload file format.  How do we designate a record is a category or an item? How do we include the pics in the file? What other relationships can be uploaded? Is there a way to preserve the register layout when reloading/replacing the Library?

Does anybody have info such as this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

@Geezer Here is the support article for uploading a catalog:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5153-import-items-online

The scheme is pretty straight forward.  I know with the API it is possible to pull item images from the catalog and upload item images. I have run across some of the code that looks like this; however, I am not a developer and this would be a custom application/website

let opts = {
types: "ITEM,ITEM_VARIATION,MODIFIER,MODIFIER_LIST,CATEGORY,TAX,IMAGE"
}

api.listCatalog(opts).then(...)

In the dashboard is the customer point to import a catalog as a .csv or excel file.

Hope this helps,

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks, I've studied that article. However, there is little information in it about designating whether an upload record is a category, or an item in the category, and how to link or embed product and category pics in the upload file. What is crystal clear is that all will be deleted before uploading a replacement catalog. Yet some pics from the previous catalog remain once the upload is successfully processed.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@Geezer 

2021-08-31.jpg

Not sure if this snapshot would help you, but the category is a specific field.  Unless you are using the api/sdk, you would have to use the web interface to upload any photos per item.  The only way to upload new photos would be using the back end developer system.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Yeah, I got that far. Trying to upload from a massaged WordPress database dump to create a dumb'ed down file Square can read. Really tedious to reverse engineer Square's database when they could have made the schema available. 

Message 5 of 5