x

Is there a way to import items with vendor and vendor code?

Is there a way to import items with vendor and vendor code?

I have a spreadsheet that has my vendor info as well as their code (product number).  Unfortunately the template that you download from the Square Item management page does not include this information.  Is there a way to do this; i.e add a vendor and vendor code column?

36 Comments

SquareRetailPurchaseOrderDetailsA.png

Square

Hi @Agate, sorry to see you haven't received a response here yet. 

When you're creating a new Purchase Order, that's an optional space to include a part number or SKU number perhaps, if the vendor uses that in addition to the item name. Does that make sense?

Hi @Spenser

I am updating our system from Square POS to Square Retail. I really appreciate the option to include vendor codes, however, I'm wondering if there is way to manually enter vendor codes instead of only through a purchase order? I understand, in the future, when we order new inventory, I'll input vendor codes into the purchase order, but I'd like to have that information in the system with the inventory we have now for when it comes time to reorder. THanks for you help!! 

Admin

Hey @teamlovely, Tom here jumping in for @Spenser today. I ran this by our Retail Support Team and, at this time, the ability to include vendor codes when adding vendors through the Items page is not available.

You might consider adding codes through the vendor item library sheet, though note that you cannot associate new items with vendors from there.

Sorry for any trouble this may cause — we'll keep track of this request and circle back with any updates. Please keep in touch and let us know if anything else comes up.

Additional details on this topic are available in our Support Center: Vendor Management.

Hi @Tom

Thanks for the reply! I didn't realize we could enter the vendor codes via the vendor item library, so this helps a lot and actually solves our issue for now. Looking forward to continual improvements over time too. Thanks again!

Admin

Glad this helped! Appreciate your patience. 🙂

Super Seller Alumni

You can't add any more columns or custom fields to the item library.  You can add this information into the item description.

Can this be a new feature? I absolutely need custom fields. 

Alumni

Thanks for this request @Easytradenow. Can you elaborate why custom fields would be helpful for your business? I can share that feedback to our product team to make a strong case. 

@katieand

Our business would also greatly benefit by having custom fields as we also need to track Vendors, vendor numbers and other factors. We bring in 100's of new products each year and I am currently trying to find a way around the very limited Item management template so that we can sort out products by vendor, style or season so we can apply a sale or determine how much stock we have by vendor or type of product. This information assists in new purchases, sales and finding a product for a customer. I am trying to set modifiers to flag items, but that is a lengthy process and I have not found where I can produce a report. If I place a code in the Item name, then it shows on the customer receipt.  I am currently typing all this information into the Description field, but that is a great deal of information for 1 field.  Seperate fields would make the system much more efficient.  We would benefit greatly from having custom fields in Square's Item Management page.

Thank you for your consideration.  🙂