x

Does anyone know why Apple Pay is not working on my website?

Hi

I have switched on apple pay on my website but for some reason its' not working. Anyone have the same issue? If yes, how do I get it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 102
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Does anyone know why Apple Pay is not working on my website?

Hi @portolacoffee, thanks for your post! This is actually an expected behaviour with Apple Pay. The ability to use Apple Pay is limited to Apple products which is why customers will only see it as an option when accessing a site through Safari. You can read more about Apple Pay compatibility here

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for sending that on @Pui! It's expected that Apple Pay won't appear as an option when you are browsing on Google Chrome, but it should be there when you access the site using Safari.

Would you mind send me the link to the website? What I can do is escalate this to our engineering team again so they can take a further look. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 102
101 REPLIES 101

Apple Pay declined

I have set up my website https://www.jamesearl.com/make-a-payment.html with several ckeckout links - these work fine for card payments but not for ApplePay: attempts to pay by ApplePay are continually declined.

Im using a Mac, Safari and an iPhone.

Can you help?

James

Message 22 of 102
Admin

Hi @jamesearl, really sorry to hear you are running into this! I think you've posted this on another thread as well. 

As mentioned, it isn't possible to switch off Apple Pay as an option for the Checkout Link. As the customers are getting a generic decline, the first thing we'd advise customers would be to contact their bank to make sure their details are up to date and check on their cards.

If they have confirmed all the details are up to date and their Apple Pay is working except with your Checkout Links, it's best to contact our Support team directly as they would be able to take a further look into this and check the individual transaction to see if there is anything we can spot. You can find our contact details here

Tra
Message 23 of 102

I’m having this same problem, both options turned on backend but only Google Pay shows. Did you ever get to the bottom of it? 

Message 24 of 102
Beta Member

Hi Tra

I've just tried enabling Google Pay again - and I am still getting the "This store does not ship to the address provided message" when I try and buy through either my AMEX or Visa card, using Apple Pay

Julian

Message 25 of 102
Admin

Hey @Jools, hope you are keeping well! I just want to reach out and let you know our engineering team has concluded their investigation into this and rolled out another fix. Would you mind doing a test and let me know if the error message still comes up for you?

Tra
Message 26 of 102

I’m having the same problem here. Please let me know if you know how to fix this. I’ve tried safari and also multiple browsers on my iMac   

43F1DD94-DEB0-4B18-A49D-5F5ED746C9A2.png

Message 27 of 102
Admin

Thanks for sending that on, @CrazyPrints! Would you mind letting me know the exact version of your Safari browser? Once I have that information, I can pass it over to our engineering team so they can dig into this

Tra
Message 28 of 102

I have 13.6.1 on one device and 14 Public Beta 4 on another one

Message 29 of 102
Admin

Thanks for that, @CrazyPrints! I've passed the information on to our team so once they come back with a fix, I will be able to let you know right away. 

Tra
Message 30 of 102
Admin

Hey @Pui and @CrazyPrints, sorry this took longer than expected! Our engineering team has been able to resolve the issue so you should now see Apple Pay as an option when viewing the site in Safari. Can you test and let me know if you can see it too?

Tra
Message 31 of 102

Hi,

I read through this thread and I have the same problem as others.   I have Apple Pay and Google enabled in the settings, but only Google Pay is displaying at checkout.  Apple Pay is not showing. 

I am using the latest version of Safari.  

Message 32 of 102
Admin

Hi @portolacoffee, I can definitely take a look into this on my end here. If possible, can you send me a link to your website? 

Tra
Message 33 of 102

I'm having the exact same issue that is being described above. Here is my website https://www.chocolatepretzel.com

Message 34 of 102
Admin

Hey @ChocolatePretzl, thanks for your post! I had a look at the website and I was able to see the option for Apple Pay when checking out in Safari.

ink (2).png

If possible, would you mind:

• Make sure that Apple Pay is fully setup on your device
  • Make sure your browser is up to date.
  • Clear the cache on your browser.

If none of this help, can you let me know the exact version of your Safari? You can find this by clicking here

Tra
Message 35 of 102

Hi @tranguyen thank you for the quick reply. I am still unable to see Apple Pay as an option on my website. I did clear my cache in Safari. I've tried using Safari 14.0.2 on my Mac, and also safari on my iPhone which is running iOS 14.3 and am unable to see Apple Pay as an option during checkout.

Message 36 of 102
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @ChocolatePretzl! The option for Apple Pay is usually there once an item has been add to cart, just before checkout.

Since you are using the latest version of Safari and it sounds like Apple Pay is setup on both your Mac and phone, I think it'll be best to contact our Support team directly so they can take a closer look into this for you. 

Tra
Message 37 of 102
Admin

Thanks for sending on the link to your website @portolacoffee! I've checked this using a Safari browser on my phone and I did see the option to complete checkout with Apple Pay. 

ink (3).png

If you are not seeing this, would you mind:

• Make sure that Apple Pay is fully setup on your device
  • Make sure your browser is up to date.
  • Clear the cache on your browser.

If you are using the latest version of Safari and Apple Pay is setup on your devices but still doesn't come up as an option for yourself, do reach out to our Support team directly so they can take a closer look into this!

Tra
Message 38 of 102

Hi @tranguyen 

Thank you for checking on the Apple Pay visibility using Safari.  However, there seems to be an issue with this on other browsers.  I can see it using Safari, but I cannot see it using Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.  

That said, it appears to be a compatibility issue on Square (Weebly's) end.  Is this a know issue that is being addressed?  Having to force my customers to use Safari is hardly a great service model.  

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 39 of 102
Admin

Hi @portolacoffee, thanks for your post! This is actually an expected behaviour with Apple Pay. The ability to use Apple Pay is limited to Apple products which is why customers will only see it as an option when accessing a site through Safari. You can read more about Apple Pay compatibility here

Tra
Message 40 of 102

Hi,

You mentioned you were going to look at my website regarding the Apple Pay not showing issue I described.  Were you able to do so?  I don't see a replay to the issue on my website, www.portolacoffee.com.

I see normal checkout button and Google Pay only.  

Message 41 of 102

I am also having the same issue on my web store  BUT Apple Pay seems to work for my online checkout links.

I am using Safari (Version 14.0.2 (16610.3.7.1.9) & on iOS 14.3 Safari as well

Message 42 of 102