x

Does merging imported customer with instant profile affect marketing emails?

I have many instant profiles from events. I also have customer information (for some customers also in the instant profile) as a csv. After importing, following questions:

1. Is duplicates identified based on names/emails/phone numbers (including instant profile ones?)

2. If i have a different email in my csv than what is already in the instant profile will the customer stay separate or be identified as duplicate?

3. Is there a way to ensure that the information linked to an instant profile is not modified during merging customer directory? 

4. Is there a way to send square marketing campaigns to only those who have instant profiles created and receipts sent via email or text?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @BookLadyPA- Good questions!

1. Are duplicates identified based on names/emails/phone numbers (including instant profile ones?) - If two or more customers share the same email address and/or phone number they should automatically be identified as a duplicate.

2. If i have a different email in my csv than what is already in the instant profile will the customer stay separate or be identified as duplicate?- In this case the customer would be considered a duplicate.

3. Is there a way to ensure that the information linked to an instant profile is not modified during merging customer directory? When you merge customers, the customer with the most overall filled out fields will be the one that takes the place of the merge. So an instant profile could be modified if you're merging it with another profile that has much more info filled out.

4. Is there a way to send square marketing campaigns to only those who have instant profiles created and receipts sent via email or text? As long as your customers have email addresses associated with their customer profiles, you're able to reach them via Square Marketing. 

Let me know if you need any further clarification on any of this info!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 2