x

Does not show a conflict if overbooking an appointment

In booking appointments I do not get a conflict notice if I am overlapping appointments. How can I correct this?   Or do I have to physically look at each day in the future to make sure I do not already have bookings. I do not allow on line booking. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@DivaDog Thanks for flagging this.

At this time you will not see a conflict notice if you book an overlapping appointment from the app. You do have to manually check to see how busy you are on a particular day to avoid conflicts. I'll can see how this is not practical at all times and I'll share this feedback with the Appointments team. In the meantime it might be useful to switch from the 'List' view to the 'Week' view in the Calendar section of the app. That way you can see your entire week at a glance and hopefully avoid conflicts! 

As for the Dashboard, you should see a warning notification if you book overlapping appointments: 

If you haven't seen this warning you might need to clear your browsing history or switch to a supported browser like Google Chrome. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?  The problem arises when you have more than one stylist booking a dual appointment without going to the week calendar view and checking to see if the other stylist is already booked.  It would be helpful if the system wouldn't allow the double booking without some sort of system override entered.  Alternatively, if the default view could be changed to always open up on the weekly calendar regardless of how or where you opened the calendar (via app or onsite), that at least would be helpful.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @CloverCreations,

Thank you for writing in and highlighting this feature request. We don't have an update on this at the moment, but I've taken note of your feedback and passed this onto our Appointments team! 

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know this is still something you're hoping we can improve on. 

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

Message 4 of 4