x

Does square work with multiple devices at the same time?

I do business seminars. I need to know, if I am taking orders from clients. Will this be an issue with deposits, due to the fact I will have several people taking orders on my square account at the same time from multiple computers?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Chrisporter09! Welcome to the Seller Community.

Yes, you can be logged into the same account on multiple devices to take sales! It won't affect your deposits at all. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 18

Can I connect more than 1 iPhone to Square or does sells have to be ran through 1 phone 

Message 3 of 18

Hi @WillyO! Welcome to the Community. 

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community around this.

See my answer above!

Ashley C
Message 4 of 18

Can I use multiple squares on different devices at the same time for one account? What do I have to do to accomplish this? And is Square Register App the same thing as Square Point of Sale (POS)? 

Message 5 of 18

Hi there, @punita! Thanks for reaching out here. Happy to have you on the Seller Community!

I've gone ahead and merged your post with a Similar Thread of Sellers asking about this as well. You should be able to find some clarity here.

Let me know if you have any questions! We are here to help. 

Joe
Message 6 of 18

I am wanting to know the best way..  if possible to use 2 separate iPads with the square POS app that are logged into the same account that will allow each Barista to ring orders at the same time on their own iPad and take payments with out needing to hand out the iPad to the customer.

We have broken several iPads by being dropped in the hand off out the window.  I would like to be able to leave the pads on counter and use another device to hand out to the customer for payment, signature and tipping etc.

Are there any way squares hardware or any combination of hardware that can accomplish this?

Message 7 of 18
Alumni

Hey @Akleo - Yikes, those iPads are super expensive to replace, so I totally feel you 😔.

You can definitely have both baristas ring in orders on two different iPads while logged into the same Square account simultaneously. Now, the device you want the payments to be taken on doesn't have to be an iPad but it needs to be a compatible device with the Point of Sale app downloaded to it.

In order for this to work, make sure all devices have Open Tickets enabled in Settings so you can pull up the customer's order on the sign and tip device when they're ready to pay at the window. 

I hope this helps!

Justin
Message 8 of 18

Thanks.  Any idea if the Square terminal will snyc the open tickets from a Pad?

Message 9 of 18
Alumni

Yes - As long as Open Tickets are enabled on both the iPad & Terminal and signed into the same account, saved tickets will sync and can be accessed on any device. 

@Akleo

Justin
Message 10 of 18

I want to set up multiple mobile devices but have them all use the same restricted user account.

Can this be done

Message 11 of 18

Hi there, @PureH2O - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome! Happy to have you in the fold.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding using multiple devices for one account. Take a look at some of the Best Answers from this thread, they will help answer most questions.

Regarding your question, what specifically do you mean by restricted? Are you looking to use multiple devices that won't have full access to your Square account?

I will keep an eye out for your response! 

Joe
Message 12 of 18

how do I set up multiple pos on one account

Message 13 of 18
Alumni

Hey @drstevefain1l ! There's nothing too special you need to do to set up multiple Points of Sale on one account. Simply log into another device with your email and pw to access your data and start taking payments. All sales, regardless of device, will funnel to the same bank that's linked to your Square account. 

Justin
Message 14 of 18

I see this same answer that it can be done.  But it dosen't work.   I have 4 tablets and 4 contactless + reader devices all on one account and one hot spot.  The first connects fine, until I connect the second one.  Once I connect the second one it disconnects the first one and so on.   It looks like this question is asked quite a few times.  Can someone answer with specifics as to HOW to connect the different devices to one account.  I am also calling to try to get the answer.  Which is what someone else did too, but the answer wasn't posted in this forum.  Thanks.

Message 15 of 18

Hey there, @Lisak9sar

Let's start from scratch. Go ahead and log out of all your tablets. Also, let's do a hard reset on your Contactless + Chip Reader and forget the readers from your devices Bluetooth too. 

Once you've done that, then start connecting them one by one. The thing to keep in mind, is to make sure you're connecting the Contactless + Chip Reader to separate tablets. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 16 of 18

I set them up one machine at a time.  Each individual machine works as long as they are the one one on.   I need all 4 running at the same time.  

Message 17 of 18

@Lisak9sar

It sounds like you could be maxing out your hotspot. Try reaching out to your provider to see if you can increase the number of devices functioning on it. 

Kassi
Message 18 of 18