x
Highlighted

Does the Square Register work with the bluetooth Square Contactless Chip Reader?

Thinking of going with the Square Register setup, but I'd like to know if it will work with the Square contactless and chip reader?

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Alumni

Re: Does the Square Register work with the bluetooth Square Contactless Chip Reader?

Best Answer

Hi @TRO - Register currently doesn't support bluetooth connections. Can you share why you need Register to pair with the Contactless and Chip reader? Register does everything that the reader would do so I'm curious to hear about your use case. Thanks!

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Super Seller

Re: Does the Square Register work with the bluetooth Square Contactless Chip Reader?

I don't think that it uses the contactless reader since it has its own built-in reader and NFC and swiper in the customer display.

Message 2 of 22
Highlighted

Looking to use the register, but it's pretty much a deal breaker if I can't use it with the wireless reader. Square, please oh please tell me that the Square Register works with the Square wireless reader? Square products playing nicely with Square products?

Message 3 of 22
Highlighted

The all-in-one Square Register has a built in Chip and Contactlesss reader in the Customer Display.

Message 4 of 22
Highlighted

Thanks for your input. I am aware of the customer display and it’s functionality, but I simply want to know if the Bluetooth reader works with the Square Register. 

Message 5 of 22
Highlighted
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @TRO - Register currently doesn't support bluetooth connections. Can you share why you need Register to pair with the Contactless and Chip reader? Register does everything that the reader would do so I'm curious to hear about your use case. Thanks!

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 22
Highlighted

Hi @katieand - Thanks so much for the clarification. I was hoping to use the Register in a more traditional sense, with printed and signed receipts, while avoiding the need to run a cable (for the customer display) when accepting something like Apple Pay. 

Message 7 of 22
Highlighted
Super Seller

if you're looking to not use the customer display then just use a Square Stand and iPad and the Bluetooth contactless reader.  the main point of the Square register is the customer display, other than that it is 99% the same as Square POS except the display is run by Android.  A square stand and iPad (less than $400 together) would be way cheaper than the $999 Square Register.

Message 8 of 22
Highlighted
Alumni

@TRO - @VanKalkerFarms is right. If you're looking for a customer facing display without Register, you can also try this one: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5492

There's a section titled "Setting Up Customer Display" and there's a link to the program beta. 

Message 9 of 22
Highlighted

We currently have several of the Square stands with ipad.  I would need the Register to connect to internet to process credit csrd payments like the ipad.  Is that how it works or would I have to buy the additional bluetooth capability?

Message 10 of 22