x

Dollar Value Discounts in Item Details Screen

I'm trying to make several different discount options available on the item screen (the screen where you choose the variant, modifiers, etc.). However, the only discounts that show up are pre-defined percentage discounts. How do I get other discounts (most importantly dollar amount discounts) to show up on this screen?

Thanks

Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @EJ_ - I think what @JoshuaCup meant is that when you go into the Item detail screen - whether it’s by tapping on the item once it’s in the cart or selecting an item with a Variant or Modifier - the only discounts that appear on that detail screen are the Percentage Discounts with toggles, and no $Amount discounts. 

@JoshuaCup

As of now, this is unfortunately how the system works and $Amount discounts apply to the whole transaction only and not to specific items so they do not show up on this Item detail screen as of now. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Square Community Moderator

Since my solution did not address your issue. I will recommend reaching out to our support team.

They can take a look at your account with you to help shine a light here and to pinpoint what's going on here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 27

I feel like we used to have this option-- I still have $1 off discounts in my discounts that I know I've used previously?

I'll put in a Feature Request but this should be a thing already, especially at the price we pay both monetarily and timewise (lot of outages recently) to Square.

Message 23 of 27
Super Seller

@TOCkzoo ;

I currently have and use a $20.99 off dollar discount.  We have a rewards punch card when you buy 12 of our 28oz Jar candle you get 1 free.  Since you do not have to buy 12 (13) at one time and there is a punch card (I know old school) but some of our customers do not trust security with the way everything gets hacked.  So if a customer buys say 6 candles last month in store then comes in this month and grabs 7 candles, 1 of those 7 is a freebie.  We ring all 7 up and then apply the dollar discount which is in the amount of our 28oz candle.

Candlestore_0-1659622806942.png

But like what was said earlier this discount does not show up for an items discount but under the Discounts Tab for selection and is applied to the entire bill.  If you have the Discount labeled well, you can see what the Dollar Discount is for and will show on the receipt too.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 24 of 27

Thanks for this. That is a great and creative workaround and I'm glad you worked something out that seems to be sufficient for y'all. I'd be satisfied with that as a customer.

I don't think it could work the same for my shop-- each of our drinks are different prices and the choice of which drink gets the discount wouldn't be up to us. Our coupons that we printed in 2018 say "$1 off any coffee drink." We'd have to have a separate discount for each price point and that just seems... like way too much trouble when the answer seems much simpler. As it is right now, I just have my baristas ring in a 'Custom Amount' item and label what the drink is in the description. While that's a good workaround, it is an extra step for my baristas and an extra step for me to take that into account when tracking item sales.

Having a simple discount to tick at the bottom of the item description page would be much easier.

Message 25 of 27

I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you still have the $1 discount in items?

Message 26 of 27

Not a question, my apologies. More just expressing confusion.

I did create dollar amount discounts and am pretty sure I have used them previously to apply to single items-- we designed tangible coupons around this discount.

If this option got removed, I'm unsure why as it seems it's a necessary and important tool to have access to.

Message 27 of 27