x

Marketing/Loyalty: Can I run a double points promotion?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Marketing Double points promotion

Is there any way to do a Marketing/Loyalty promotion for customers to get double points (2 pts per dollar spent, etc)?

Message 1 of 10
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Marketing/Loyalty: Can I run a double points promotion?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Marketing Double points promotion

Is there any way to do a Marketing/Loyalty promotion for customers to get double points (2 pts per dollar spent, etc)?

9 REPLIES 9
Admin

@dbrasco689 Hmm, you can create a multi-tiered Loyalty program where your customers receive a set number of points based on the amount they spend, or if they buy a specific item.

However, there isn't way to automatically double points or have a bonus points promotion. It sounds like this is what you're looking for? I'll share your request with the Loyalty team, sounds like a great feature! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 10

This would be a great feature to have.  Please make sure we can do it for specific dates and times.

For instance, Double Points Tuesday!

Or from 3-5pm during Happy Hour.

Have it timed in the system so the cashier doesn't have to do anything, it shows up automatically.

Message 3 of 10
Super Seller

This would be an awesome feature. 

Rusty Sutton
The Green Monkey LLC
www.greenmonkeyraleigh.com
FB: greenmonkeyraleigh
IG: greenmonkeyraleigh
Twitter: @greenmonkeyshop
Message 4 of 10

We want to promote business during our slower time at our dessert store. I would really like to offer double rewards or added benefits for coming in during a set time daily. Other than remembering to go in and set the earned rewards and changing it when it is over, how can we promote business by promoting rewards? This would be a great added feature.

Anyone else see the benefits of this feature?

Message 5 of 10
Admin

Hi @SnoShack🗣 Welcome to the Seller Community!

We don't have a way to automatically double points/rewards, so I went ahead and moved your question to this thread so that we can better track this feature request.

I did go ahead and share your post with our Loyalty team. Hopefully this is something that can be implemented sometime in the near future!

Don't be a stranger here in the Community.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 10

Is there a way to run a double points promotion. We run a cafe and would love to have a day happy hour period 1-3pm where you earn 2x the points to try and drive traffic there. But i also don't want o have to just log in and change the points per dollar amount every time we do that. Is there a way to automat this or is it possibly a feature in the pipeline?

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

Hi @solidgrounds77

Great question! At this time, Square Loyalty currently only allows for one earnings rule. The option to set time frames for higher points earning is not currently available. The Loyalty settings can be manually edited to change the earning rule at anytime.

We’re constantly working to improve the product, so keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

Any chance of this ability being added soon? Would love to have this option as well instead of having to manually change it (i.e. you could set it to be recurring for a monthly double points day "every 2nd Tuesday of the month" or even set it to customer's Birthdays to get double points)

Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

I'd love to see this feature as well.  Doubling points on our slowest day to get customers in would be great. 

Message 10 of 10