x

Driving me nuts

I've set up an item for my online store ... 2 options, with inventory for each ... published.

But my item online shows 'Select an option' and it's required, and has nothing in the dropdown. What am I missing here? Why doesn't it list the Variations ... unless that's not what Options are?

item option.png

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Can you post a link to the item in your online store so I can look at it?  Did you fill in the options under Variations or Modifiers

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 2 of 9

Message 3 of 9

variations.png

Message 4 of 9
Super Seller

So that seems to be the Square Dashboard view.  Just to be sure I tried creating an item in my store in the dashboard like that with variations and it didn't work for me either. 

With variations, I usually make adjustments and set things "live" in the Square Online portal.  Scroll to the bottom of the item page and click Go To Square Online.  Once you are there make sure the "Visible" tab is highlighted.

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 5 of 9

Visible is selected. 

So I just added "Options" called Size ... and I see that changes the name of the dropdown, but still nothing to select.

I now have Options and Variations ... 

I am flummoxed. I am new to the Square Online Store but have decades of tech experience ... and just not seeing it.

options and variations.png

Message 6 of 9
Super Seller

In the square online item page in the top right there are three dots... if you click "view and save" it takes you to a demo page.  Does the item's drop-down menu work on that demo page?

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 7 of 9

Sorry for delay. So no joy yet. Not sure I'm seeing the same thing you are ... maybe define what 'square online' is vs something else. I'm doing this from my Weebly website account, but can jump between that and my Square dashboard (for Square point of sale). I not sure I see anywhere the 'view and save' link or demo page. Can't believe how convoluted this is ... and I'm supposed to know what I'm doing.

So under my Square POS account, where I see the items I've defined, and they are or appear to be shared on the Weebly store side, when I view the actual live store, these items ... first are out of stock. That also doesn't make sense since there are clearly positive non-zero values for number on hand.

The original issue of variations, options, etc. is still a problem. The live store shows a dropdown called Size ... and that dropdown is empty even though there are options defined. Maddening.

If you have any suggestions, I'll keep poking at it ... but will call Weebly, Square or whoever will answer the phone to step through this.

Message 8 of 9
Super Seller

I made a screen recording of how I build an item in Weebly with variations and options but I can't seem to get it to attach here.  I have jewelry with multiple options on each piece.  Your screenshots do look different than what my Weebly/Square Online looks like. I'm not sure why.  I don't have the "Options // Pricing" section yours does.  

I had an issue tonight with variations not showing up I delete all of them (click save after) and redid them.  It fixed it.  I had to push the blue SAVE button at the top right every time I made a change or it didn't go into effect.  That was very unusual.  Usually, they import in from Square easily and I just have to push VISIBLE. 

Good Luck.  I'm sure the Weebly help team can figure it out. 

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 9 of 9