x
Beta Member

Easily filter non-taxed out-of-state sales from web store?

When I'm reporting my sales tax (in SC), I'm asked for my total sales, and then the amounts that get discounted--in my case, that's just been Unprepared Food, which I can pull as a Category. Easy.

But now that we're using our online store, I've got to deduct Out-Of-State Sales, and I can't seem to find how to pull that number without going through each order to find the ones that shipped out of state, and as a result were not charged sales tax. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @FGFgifts-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Hmmm. Tell me if this would work for you. Can you go to Reports > Taxes > Select Date > Filter By > Source, and then select your Online Store or Checkout Links? 

Does that work for you? Let me know if not, or if I've misunderstood your question. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

@isabelle Unfortunately that doesn't give me the non-tax amount, which is what I need. I suppose I could go at it backwards and find all the online sales and then subtract the taxable amount, but I worry that I'm introducing too many opportunities for mistakes. If I'm going to have to do a workaround I'd prefer one that I know is going to be accurate, even if it does take a little longer.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

I totally understand @FGFgifts. Sorry that doesn't work for you. Perhaps our Support Team may have some additional suggestions. There must be something available that is easier than what you're doing now. Please give us a call today if you get a chance. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 4