x

Egift cards: How do you redeem them?

ok I have sevral open egift cards. Most of them have been used, but I have no idea how to clear them. My business is a massage therapy business... I just make a note that it has been used. I need to clear these and have no idea how.....

Message 1 of 48
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Message 2 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Super Seller

Message 2 of 48

Good day to all, I am new with Square and trying to get used with the e gift card, I have set it up, I have purchased one for myself and wish to complete the transaction to be ready when people by some from us but I can't seem to figure out how to redeem or accept my gift card, your help would be appreciated.   Regards,

Message 3 of 48
Admin

Hey @AgenceAura!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and welcome to Square! 🎉

Please take a look at the best answer in this thread. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 48

Hello! Did you find an answer to your question? I have a customer who is attempting to use her e-gift card through my site and is unable to. 

Message 5 of 48
Admin

Hey @ije,

Did the customer mention any error messages they were receiving when they tried to use the eGift card on your website? Was it an eGift card issued by yourself through Square's eGift card system? If it being used on a Square online website?

There are a few different potential reasons why this may not be working, let me know a bit more info and we'll try and work out what's happening here 🙂

You may also find getting in touch with support will be a little more helpful, as they'll have further insight into how your account has been set up. Feel free to get in touch via http://squ.re/contact

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 48

Thanks for your reply! The message they receive on their end is that the gift card code is invalid. It was an e-gift card issued by me and they are trying to use it at checkout on my site. Any direction would be appreciated! Whenever I attempt to use the automated support chat box, I get more frustrated than relief 😅

Message 7 of 48
Admin

@ije This sounds very odd! I'd firstly confirm the number the customer is trying to enter, then get in touch with support and check if they can validate that the number is correct - unfortunately this isn't we can look into further.

You should also be able to call support during business hours. 

To find your customer code to call:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Call Us" to reveal your customer code

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 48

Hi. Did something change since then? I made a test run, selling myself an eGift card. I only received the receipt, but no other email with a number or somewhere to 'view' the card. Please advise. Thank you

Message 9 of 48
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Bedigu Thanks for reaching out!

To issue an eGift Card, be sure you are following these steps:

1. Visit the eGift Card order page.

2. Select an eGift Card amount.

3. If applicable, enter a promotion code.

4. Enter your name and email address.

5. Select whether you’d like to send this voucher as a gift > enter the recipient’s name and email address for delivery.

6. Add a personal message for the recipient.

7. Select whether you’d like this eGift Card sent immediately or on a future date > Continue.

8. Enter your payment card details at checkout, confirm order details > Place Order.

If you are sending an eGift Card to yourself or to someone as a gift, you or the recipient will receive the eGift Card to the email address entered. You can view the eGift Card 16-digit redemption code, and click View Your eGift Card to associate it to a phone number for faster checkout at the Square business.

You can learn about redeeming and checking the balance of an eGift Card here.

If you are still experiencing issues after going through these steps, please let me know and I am happy to take a closer look for you!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 48

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: how to redeem eGift card

I need help on how to redeem eGift card for a customer buying from me

Message 11 of 48
Super Seller

Message 12 of 48

how do I redeem part of an eCard? 

Example- customer buys a $300 eCard and makes a purchase for $100.  
How do I apply that sale to the eCard and show a remaining balance of $200 on her eCard?

Message 13 of 48

I think I just answered my own question:

Redeem through the POS app

put service in as usual

click charge

click card on file

the names of the people with eCards (and saved credit cards) will come up via email address

I'm assuming that the eCard list will then show the remaining balance.

Message 14 of 48
Beta Member

***UPDATE*** figured it out - it was because I didn't have the option turned on in settings to take manual gift cards.  Leaving this here in case anyone else ever has a blond moment like myself. 

I am trying to redeem an egift card for a customer but my pos does not have an option for gift cards.  It has Cash, Manual Credit card entry, Invoice and More.  Under more it has "other gift card or certificate" and "other payment types".  Both of those are for things like store made gift cards and certificates or other payments where nothing is being deducted.  I need to deduct the balance from this customers egift card and there isn't an option.  HELP PLEASE!

Message 15 of 48

Awesome! Glad to hear you got this one solved, @shellyf. Thanks for letting us know! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Message 16 of 48

In my checkout of my site http://charlieparkerprovisions.square.site I only see a "coupon code" - so this is confusing...

Message 17 of 48

Hey @BradyAvenue,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how e-gift cards are redeemed.

Coupon codes are the discounts you can offer on your site but have nothing to do with e-gift cards.

You can read more about e-gift cards on the online store from this Support Center article here.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 18 of 48

I cannot redeem an e-gift card because there are only 4 digits (alpha/numeric) associated with this card, as opposed to 16. The "Redeem Manual Gift Card" feature appears at check out but requires a 16 digit card number in order to redeem. So, how do I redeem an e-gift card that only has a 4 digit number? TIA for any help.

Message 19 of 48
Super Seller Alumni

E-gift Cards should have 16 digits.  I believe the 4 digit alpha/numeric code you're referring to is the receipt number for looking up transactions.

Message 20 of 48
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @nevada22 !

@jjgard is correct - all Gift Cards, including eGift Cards have 16 digit codes.

As a business owner you would only see the last 4 digits of the card number, but the customer gets an email with the full 16 digits.

You can redeem them by manually typing in the full 16 code, or the customer can link it to their Phone Number & email Address, and acts as a Card on File.

If you're redeeming them on POS, make sure you have Gift Cards enabled as a Payment Method in your device settings. To redeem it on a sale, after hitting Charge, you would tap on Gift Card as a payment method and either manually type in the 16 digits, or tap on Gift Card on File and look up the customer by their phone number or email address.

If you're redeeming them on Square Online, they would click "Add Gift Card" under Payment Information when they are checking out.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 21 of 48