x

Email setup of items of type "event"

Hi,

I'm trying to create an item of type "event". While testing, when I look at the confirmation emails being sent, it looks like I have no control on the template and its outputs. The "Order Confirmation" section of "Email Setup"  mainly focusses on e-commerce items.

Below is a screenshot from one of the emails.

- How is the section "Event Information" being created ?

- How can I pass custom information like event venue, event times etc. ?

Thank you for your help.

IMG-1479

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @5ai. Thanks for posting in the Community!

That email is auto generated. Unfortunately there's not a way to edit or change it at this time. It's a feature request that we're tracking, so if it changes at any time we'll be sure to let you know.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 7

Hello

I have the same issue. I have Customers calling all the time to see if they require a paper ticket. Which they do not. If there is a way to delete that statement in the return email after the sale it would be very helpful. Please let me know also if this changes. Thank you for your help on this matter.

Message 3 of 7

Hey @nika,

Thanks for your response.

A follow up question:

What is the use case of the below section when creating the item then ? How can I use this information to tell my customers ?

Screen-Shot-2021-03-28-at-2-34-51-pm

Message 4 of 7
Admin

That is the information that will be displayed on your site when they add the event to their cart for checkout @5ai

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 5 of 7

I don't even see these fields when I create an event. It sure would be helpful to provide more information about the event. And it would be great if it were easy to email a list of all who "purchased" the event. Still can't believe that in Aug of 2023, they have not resolved the issue of not being able to edit the email confirmation.

Message 6 of 7

@nika The ability to change the auto-generated order emails for Events MUST be made a high priority! Especially since paper tickets became a thing of the past beginning in March 2020 for pretty much everyone.

Message 7 of 7