x
Super Seller

Embed code in an item page

Hi,

Is it possible to add the embedded subscription button code to on an item page?

Thanks

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @phillipsrw, thanks for your patience 🙂 

Just stepping in for Skyler. 

I set up something that I hope will be helpful for you. I followed the steps here

From your Square Online Checkout page, select Create a button.

Choose Collect a payment

Enter a name for your link that’ll be displayed to the customer. If prompted, enter the amount you want to charge.

Accept recurring payments by choosing the frequency you want to collect them (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.). 

Select Advanced settings to toggle on Allow buyer to set the price (best when accepting donations). You can also Allow one-time payments, which will give your customers the option to choose whether they’d like to pay for their purchase once or sign up for a recurring payment plan.

In Advanced settings, add two optional custom fields that can be used for whichever fulfilment needs you may have (e.g. collecting delivery address, coffee flavour choice, etc.). Whatever you enter as the custom field title will be requested from the buyer on the button. 

Select Save and your code will appear. 

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 09.59.18.png

To add embeddable code to your website:

1. From your Square Online site editor, open the page you want to add embeddable code to.
  2. Select +Add > Section and choose the Embed code section.
  3. In the editing panel, select Embed code and paste your code into the text box.
  4. Publish your site to see the changes live.

When you create links to collect payments, the new subscriptions will appear in your Dashboard’s Square Order Manager with your other orders.

Here is how the button looks on my site: 

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 09.53.45.png

And here is where the button takes you

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 10.02.59.png

I hope this works for you! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @phillipsrw! Thanks for your post. I'm gonna carve some time out today to investigate your question. I'll be right with you once I find more information! 

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @phillipsrw, thanks for your patience 🙂 

Just stepping in for Skyler. 

I set up something that I hope will be helpful for you. I followed the steps here

From your Square Online Checkout page, select Create a button.

Choose Collect a payment

Enter a name for your link that’ll be displayed to the customer. If prompted, enter the amount you want to charge.

Accept recurring payments by choosing the frequency you want to collect them (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.). 

Select Advanced settings to toggle on Allow buyer to set the price (best when accepting donations). You can also Allow one-time payments, which will give your customers the option to choose whether they’d like to pay for their purchase once or sign up for a recurring payment plan.

In Advanced settings, add two optional custom fields that can be used for whichever fulfilment needs you may have (e.g. collecting delivery address, coffee flavour choice, etc.). Whatever you enter as the custom field title will be requested from the buyer on the button. 

Select Save and your code will appear. 

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 09.59.18.png

To add embeddable code to your website:

1. From your Square Online site editor, open the page you want to add embeddable code to.
  2. Select +Add > Section and choose the Embed code section.
  3. In the editing panel, select Embed code and paste your code into the text box.
  4. Publish your site to see the changes live.

When you create links to collect payments, the new subscriptions will appear in your Dashboard’s Square Order Manager with your other orders.

Here is how the button looks on my site: 

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 09.53.45.png

And here is where the button takes you

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 10.02.59.png

I hope this works for you! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Thank you @Breffni for such a detailed response. We'll give it a go on Monday to see if we can make it work. Fingers crossed. Have a great weekend!

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 4 of 4