x
Beta Member

Facebook Pixel This pixel's microdata is incomplete or incorrectly formatted

I've been trying to set up our FB store using the online instructions for connecting a Facebook account and can not get our catalog to upload to the FB store. I've talked with Weebly (Square) and they say it's a Facebook issues. I talk to Facebook and they say it's a Weebly issue. I'm at a lost on what to do. Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 2.19.43 PM.png

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there.

So after investigating this issue the conclusion was that most of the time the issue is resolved by heading to Online > Sales Channel > Facebook Shops and Disconnect/Reconnect your existing connection. 

If the above doesn't fix the issue then our advice would be to use the Facebook Microdata Debugging tool.

Hope this helps resolve the issue with this 3rd party integration. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @shantds 👋

I am working on investigating this issue. Have you been able to resolve this yet?

JJ
Message 2 of 15

I'm in the same boat. FB is infuriating in its "help" attempts. I've tried creating a new pixel, no dice. It always blames incorrect microdata.

Message 3 of 15

Following... same issue.

Message 4 of 15

Best Answer

Hey there.

So after investigating this issue the conclusion was that most of the time the issue is resolved by heading to Online > Sales Channel > Facebook Shops and Disconnect/Reconnect your existing connection. 

If the above doesn't fix the issue then our advice would be to use the Facebook Microdata Debugging tool.

Hope this helps resolve the issue with this 3rd party integration. 

JJ
Message 5 of 15

This is not helpful. 

This is what I get from FB after trying your recommended steps:

Is your microdata set up correctly?

To add items automatically from your website to your Meta catalog, you need to add microdata tags to your Meta Pixel installation.

Microdata is the structured markup data used to indicate key information about the items on your website, such as names, descriptions and prices. Learn more.

Errors
Products on your website can't be automatically added to your catalog because of these issues.

Errors
A required field is missing: id

A required field is missing: image_link

A required field is missing: price

A required field is missing: availability

Descriptions are missing: description

Warnings
Products are added to your catalog without key information that impacts your ad campaign performance.

RS6_1-1644094004954.png

Warnings
These fields have missing information: google_product_category

It is clear that the problem is on the website end. It is not providing FB/Instagram with the right data it needs to update the catalog.  It seems several users are experiencing the same problem, and have been for SOME TIME.  We pay to have a functioning website that can interact with social media. Why will Square not fix this issue???
Message 6 of 15

Hey there @RS6

I will be investigating this issue and will report back to you with findings on this thread. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding that while we do support a Facebook/Instagram integration, it's difficult to us to be able to troubleshoot these issues due to Meta's privacy and limitations. Again, I will be investigating and will report back once I have updates on this. 

JJ
Message 7 of 15

Has there been any update? I'm having the same issue

Message 8 of 15
Beta Member

Ever find an answer?

Message 9 of 15

Hello there @ryanbaffin please see @_Violet and @JJ_  replies above. if you referred back to us our team will need a support ticket.

Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

Did you ever find a solution?

Message 11 of 15

This is not the best answer. 

Please provide the appropriate "property" id in the Square code for each of these fields so we can add them with OpenGraph to the header as directed by Meta Business Suite.

I believe this is also listed below, and it was not answered. 

Please provide the appropriate "property" id for each field so we can add them with OpenGraph to the header. 

"og:title" 

"og:description" 
"og:url" "og:image" 
"product:brand" 
"product:availability" 
"product:condition" 
"product:price:amount" 
"product:price:currency" 
"product:retailer_item_id" 
"product:item_group_id"
Message 12 of 15

Same issue - no idea price etc provided in the pixel to Facebook. This is particularly useless for a paid product that should easily link. Shopify and others all do this flawlessly

Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

help?

Message 14 of 15

Hi @twolucky - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋 Have you already tried the troubleshooting steps that @JJ_ provided in the Best Answer?

Although Square integrates with Facebook, the integration is operated and managed by Facebook. For help with Facebook-specific questions, you’ll need to submit a ticket to their Support Team.

If you’ve already got in contact with them, and they referred you to us, please reply with the ticket number provided to you by Facebook and the reason they sent you to us. Then, we’ll be able to follow up with Facebook regarding your issue. Thanks!

Violet
Message 15 of 15