x

Farmers Market special Sale prices along with stock tracking while keeping original pricing online

Is it possible to have a different selling price ONLY at a holiday/farmers market for your items, without having to change the prices of the same item in the online store while ensuring there is combined stock tracking for it?

I would be using the Square Reader & app (Android) at the farmers market.

For example: 

Item stock available: 10

Online price: $5

Farmers market price: $6

Person A buys 2 items at the farmers market, now stock comes down to 8

Person B buys 1 item online and now stock comes down to 7.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hi again @terrabuttercoterrabutterco! 🧈

If I'm understanding your question correctly, this is possible 

At this time, when you add a sale price to an item being sold via your Square Online website, that sale price does not apply to items sold via your Square Point of Sale app. You are currently able to use one location and add sale prices to your items using your Square Online website editor

​​​

You can continue to sell items at full price in person at farmer's markets, and inventory will be tracked for both types of sales. 

Let me know if this doesn't quite answer your question!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Unfortunately it doesn't help.

1. Because it then starts to show the price in the website as " $4.50 $3.50"

That would be entirely misleading for my online customers since they have always seen the price as $3.50.

2. Also you specified that this is possible only for one location. Which also defeats my purpose as there are multiple farmers market locations which have different sales tax rates, necessitating setting up multiple locations/mobile locations

Is there another way to handle this?

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

Hi @terrabutterco !

Especially if you're running multiple markets with various sales tax rates, I think your best bet is to set up locations per market. When you set up locations, you can easily port over your whole item library and set the correct tax rates.

Then, for each location, you can do price overrides. From the dashboard's item library, choose the item you want. If the item has no variations, click the "Edit Variation Details" link, then the Add Price Override link. You will get the option to change pricing depending on location. If the item has variations, you can override pricing by clicking on the variation name then the price override link.

If you're doing this for multiple items, you *should* be able to export the library, change the pricing as needed, and import, but I haven't done this with price overrides.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 9

Thanks. Does that track inventory of Location A , B & C combined?

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

Thanks @ryanwanner🙌

I almost initially suggested this myself, but knowing you wanted to track stock from all sales stopped me from suggesting creating multiple locations, @terrabutterco. Unfortunately, it is not possible to track synced inventory across multiple locations at this time. We are tracking interest in that feature request here in this thread, so please subscribe there to be notified of new posts added to that thread. 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 9

Thank you

Message 7 of 9
Super Seller

@terrabuttercoUnfortunately, no. Looking through this thread on inventory control, it looks like there isn't a way to sync inventory across multiple locations right now.

Only workaround I can see is to adjust inventory per farmers market at the beginning of the day. Not ideal, I know. 😞

Edit to add: Heh. @Valentina beat me to the punch.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 8 of 9

The issue of pulling from a single inventory for multiple locations goes back years now. I vend at several farmers markets, allow pickup at our main location, pickup at each market, onsite sales at all locations, and local delivery. All of those sales pulls from the same inventory, but despite this feature request being around for years, it appears that nothing has been done to address this most basic need. I cannot even find the current feature request thread to add my comments to, because the old thread is locked.

Message 9 of 9