x

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Can automatic discounts be used on the online store?

When I create automatic discounts, such as quantity or amount discounts, they work perfectly well on my point of sale but do not work on my online store.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online webs

@phillipsrw Thank you 🙏❤️ You too! ☀️

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hello there!

I appreciate all your patience while we work to get this feature implemented. The beta testing for this feature has currently been delayed. Our team is working very hard on the backend to resolve some roadblocks that have prevented this from going. If you would still like to join the Beta for this request you can certainly still do so. I know this is incredibly hard but I appreciate you all for hanging in there! 🙏

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Needs Beta Testers

Hi! We'll be launching a beta test for Automatic Discounts on Square Online in the next couple of weeks. Head over to Automatic Discounts for Square Online to join the Beta Community and request access to this beta test.

Verified Answer

Re: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Coupon on Square Website

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

304 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here, @charmedbyu! We will continue to make updates and share them here. We appreciate your patience!

Hello,

I own a bagel business and currently we are doing weekly deliveries online from the Square Online Store. We sell a bakers dozen of bagels for a reduced price however there is no way for people to choose a variation of bagels. Say they order the bakers dozen and would like 3 plain and 10 everything. I would add an automated discount at checkout but it is not an option in square online store. If the website may help, here it is: ethelsbagels.com

Thanks!

Alumni

Hey @EthelsBagels

Right now, automatic discounts cannot be applied thru the Online Store. For now, you'll need to create a Specific Items coupon code for your baker's dozen item. From your Online Store Dashboard, you'll see the option under Items > Coupons > Discount Details 

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Coupon on Square Website

Is there a way to create a "buy 1 get 1 free" coupon on certain categories in the website? I know you can do it in the mobile app but that doesn't allow for that coupon code to be used in the created website. PLEASE HELP!

Alumni

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

I totally second this! I have a pastry truck and we sell our tarts in customized packs. We would love to be able to apply discounts automatically to our online store.

We hear you, @bafranco1! Thanks for adding your voice here in support of this feature.

Going forward, we will use this thread to announce any updates or news regarding automatic discounts for the Online Store. Should anything come down the pipeline, we will vocalize it here.

Thanks, again!

Adding my voice here!  This needs to be added ASAP...not really sure why it can't easily be done, but I'm not a computer programmer.  Please make it so!

Since Square Automatic Discounts do NOT sync to the online store at this time (SAD FACE!!), in order to hold the same "sale" we'd need to create separate coupons to mimic category discounts from our Square App.  But it seems customers cannot stack coupon codes in the store...is this so?  Can they only use one coupon code at a time?  This would make mimicking automatic discounts impossible...so I guess we'd need to create a completely different online promo?  This makes it different for our folks who pick up potentially have an advantage over the online peeps who order ahead of time or vice versa, depending on what they buy.  We REALLY need the online community to have access to the same sale!  Thank you for any help!

Hi @Twistedhornmead thanks so much for adding your voice to this! I have shared your feedback with our team as well. 

Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback. 🙂