x

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Can automatic discounts be used on the online store?

When I create automatic discounts, such as quantity or amount discounts, they work perfectly well on my point of sale but do not work on my online store.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online webs

@phillipsrw Thank you 🙏❤️ You too! ☀️

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hello there!

I appreciate all your patience while we work to get this feature implemented. The beta testing for this feature has currently been delayed. Our team is working very hard on the backend to resolve some roadblocks that have prevented this from going. If you would still like to join the Beta for this request you can certainly still do so. I know this is incredibly hard but I appreciate you all for hanging in there! 🙏

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Needs Beta Testers

Hi! We'll be launching a beta test for Automatic Discounts on Square Online in the next couple of weeks. Head over to Automatic Discounts for Square Online to join the Beta Community and request access to this beta test.

Verified Answer

Re: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Coupon on Square Website

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

304 Comments
Beta Member

HELP!!! When is this coming?  Its nonsense to have to put in sales prices for every item and then remove and the coupon does not help unless people willing to monkey around ... is there an update?  It's been 4 months?

Admin

Thanks for commenting on this thread, @sipmike. I don't have any updates right now, but leaving your comment here will make it easier to notify you once this is an option.

It is now August, what is the ETA of this?

I am just starting to setup My site, before I waste anymore time, is there a commerce solution that will let me offer a discount for buying 2 or more automatically?

Beta Member

Not having this option is hugely frustrating especially since I am am online store only.  

Same here!! My only permanent prices were going to be “Buy 2 Get 1 Free”, but after joining Weebly and paying for the pro package and then taking more than 30 days to set the store up, I find out I can’t. But I can on the Square reader only. Insanely frustrating! I’m an online store only.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Item Discounts not being automatically applied in Online Checkout or Online Store?

I set up Item Discounts from my Items dashboard at squareup.com. How do I get these to be applied in my Square online store or Online Checkout? They are only currently being applied with I use the Square app on my phone.

Admin

Hey @realrob!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Discounts/coupons for the Square Online Store have to be created within the Online Dashboard. The discounts you created will only be applied to in-person transactions, on the POS. 

Where you set up a coupon within your store should look like this:

ink (25).png

Please let me know if this does not answer your question! Thanks again. 

I've created a few discount codes that aren't working. I tested it in a purchase, and the codes are not applied. 

The auto-generating marketing coupons also don't work. 

Please advise. Thanks!

Square Community Moderator

Hey @AFM,

I moved your post to an existing thread for this.

Discounts created within Point of Sale or marketing coupons actually don't work in the Square Store.

You'll need to set up Coupons in the Site Editor to offer discounts/coupons in the Square Store. 

This is critical for everyone trying to sell their products online and wanting to give discounts to their customers.  Frustrating, especially knowing there are other website builders that allow the discounts.

ETA?

Thank you!