x

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Can automatic discounts be used on the online store?

When I create automatic discounts, such as quantity or amount discounts, they work perfectly well on my point of sale but do not work on my online store.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online webs

@phillipsrw Thank you 🙏❤️ You too! ☀️

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hello there!

I appreciate all your patience while we work to get this feature implemented. The beta testing for this feature has currently been delayed. Our team is working very hard on the backend to resolve some roadblocks that have prevented this from going. If you would still like to join the Beta for this request you can certainly still do so. I know this is incredibly hard but I appreciate you all for hanging in there! 🙏

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Needs Beta Testers

Hi! We'll be launching a beta test for Automatic Discounts on Square Online in the next couple of weeks. Head over to Automatic Discounts for Square Online to join the Beta Community and request access to this beta test.

Verified Answer

Re: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Coupon on Square Website

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

304 Comments
Alumni

@hoodriver - automatic discounts cannot be applied to online store purchases. This feature is exclusive to the POS system. 

But, you can create coupon codes through the Online Store Dashboard > Items > Coupons and set them to be redeemable for specific items, categories or spend amount. 

Thanks, but that doesn't work when it comes to selling items with state controlled prices and sale prices/periods; it would need to be automatic for us to follow liquor laws in Oregon. Add us to the list of folks demanding synched discounts on Square POS and Square online! We will need to forego our online site until this is fixed. 

Alumni

@hoodriver 

Gotcha, sorry about that. We'll update this thread if anything changes 🙂

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Buy X Get X Coupon for Online Store

I have looked at these previous requests, mentioning that it was a feature request from April 2020--7 months later--is there an update on how to offer a Buy X, Get X discount with the online store?  It works perfectly on the Square terminal--I am amazed that this couldn't translate to the online store.  Please tell me there is an update. 

Alumni

I've moved your post over to the thread where others have expressed interest in creating BOGO coupons for use in your Square Online website. We'll be sure to post an update here when we have one to share, @olivethat, so stay subscribed to receive a notification when that happens!

Beta Member

@isabelle 

Please forward this feature request to the dev team to sync up discounts on our Square app/dashboard so they are automatically applied to the Online Store. It's a real pain to have to either calculate and edit each item manually or to have to remind the customer to enter the coupon code manually.

Thank you 🙂

Admin

Hey @Femme_Mecanique

As of right now, automatic discounts/coupons for Square Online is a feature request. I have passed this feedback along to our Product Team, and they're working on developing this feature.

While I have no timeline to share, I'll make sure to update this thread when I hear any news or announcements regarding this request

Is there a way to add buy one get one free? 

I am wanting to set up a Square site to promote my online classes. I am wondering if there is a feature where I can offer tier/bundle pricing? I would like to offer one service for $25. Two services of their choice for $35. Five services of their choice for $80... and so on. Is there a way that I can create this in Square and how do I go about setting that up? Any help would be awesome 

Alumni

Are you asking about creating a buy one, get one coupon for use in your Square Online website, @radiantbeauty? Or are you asking about a discount for use through your Square Point of Sale app?

It's not possible to create a buy one, get one style coupon for your website at this time - we're tracking this as a feature request here. You can learn how to create a buy one, get one discount by following the steps outlined in this article from our Support Center.